My newly 4yr old rode in a HBB today...AHHHH

Mom2three

I was so paraniod and kept checking her in the mirror. We were in a crash last night and she was RF in a RN65 at the time. I had on hand DSs MA70, a Turbo, and a Vivo. All of our other seats were installed in my ma's, neighbor's, and bosses wife's vehicles with the exception of a FR which I put in MILs car last night and then she left with. Before I even talked to her about it she told me she knew she had to sit very still and be a good girl. the turbo fit her very nicely for our 4 minute drive to my mother's house (she was snowed in and got her car stuck trying to bring me my seats) and she was so well behaved. We had to go into the insurance office and to the rental car place to set up an appt. We will NOT be boostering anytime soon, but with how good she sat and the fit on her, I can see switching to a booster when she turns 5 for part time use. I am sure that other people who occasionally transport her will be able to use a booster correctly over a harnessed seat. There is no real point to this post, except to share my nervousness and get some feedback on the situation.

Oh, and we drove 3 hours once we had DDs GN installed to get our cowmoo FR85. MIL left town with it this morning before we realized it was still installed and I couldn't wait 3 weeks to get it back from her.

ADS

babyherder

Her weight would have made me more nervous than her age! But glad it all worked out and that you're all ok after the wreck.

ProudMommysince09

Uhh glad you guys are okay! Good to know though that she can sit properly in case of an emergency, I would probably re-evaluate once she turns 5 since she looks like a peanut from her stats.

Mom2three

It was really concerning for me, but all in all it went suprisingly well. However, it will NOT be a common occurence anytime soon. We went down the road to my mother's and got a seat installed for her. She looked completely too small and out of place IMO. For now the plan is to keep her harnessed for a long time. She did mention that is wasn't as 'fun' as her cow seat and she was pretty nervous, but that may have been a reflection of my reaction.

Mommy2Marcus

I feel your pain. Marcus has rode with me a handful of times in his Maestro as a booster. The 1st time I was a nervous wreck, but he did really good. He knows he has to sit still & has done really good with me booster training him.

ProudMommysince09

I'm already worried that when my DD hits that age that grandpa will refuse to use a carseat and wanna put her in a booster.. Gah, I know its crazy but him and I have different views on carseats, so hopefully if it comes to that my DD will say that its not as fun like your DD did! (And still plenty of time to drill it in her head til then lol)

Kat_Momof3

I totally sympathize... but it was the right choice with what you had available and for the emergency it truly was (this is why I refer to booster-training for emergency situations)

I'm glad it all went well and that she'll be back in a harnessed seat soon, but be able to use a booster when the time comes for her to need to.

mimieliza

I once put my three-year-old in a booster to drive around our subdivision in our realtor's car (it was her booster, which she used for her own three year old as her regular seat :rolleyes:). DD met the age/weight requirements of the booster, and we weren't going more than 10-15 mph, and only drove less than a mile.

She's now almost 4 1/2, and that remains the one and only time she's ridden in a booster. I am waiting for her to reach 40 lbs. before I buy one and we make it a regular thing. She's been stuck at 35 lbs. for like six months, so I doubt she'll hit 40 anytime prior to her 5th birthday.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC