Big Kid Fit?

Mommy2Marcus

So I finally got to try Marcus in the Big Kid at TRU this last weekend. I think the fit looks good, but want to make sure that others agree with me. If you all think that the fit is good, then this is the seat I am going to get for my MIL's truck in the next couple of weeks.

Here he is in the Big Kid. What do you think of the belt fit?? Does it look good on the lap belt?
028-2.jpg

029-1.jpg

ADS

mamakc

Could he BE any cuter? My goodness :)

I am far from being booster savy, but it looks good to me. Someone else will have to say for sure though. Just had to comment on the cuteness. ;)

Mommy2Marcus

Could he BE any cuter? My goodness :)

I am far from being booster savy, but it looks good to me. Someone else will have to say for sure though. Just had to comment on the cuteness. ;)

Thanks! I think he is pretty darn cute myself as well. He also has quite the little personality to go with the cuteness, so that makes it an extra cute little package. :p

TY, that was my thoughts, but I want to make 100% sure with all the booster savy people here. ;)

Mommy2Marcus

Please someone tell me what they think of the fit. I have over 40 views & only 1 person has posted?? :confused: I understand that not everyone agrees, but at least share what you think of the fit. I just want to make sure. Please. :(

featherhead

I'm not well versed in boosters yet, but to me it looks fine. I'm thinking if it wasn't for the jeans the lap belt would fit lower yet (not that it is too high right now).

Mommy2Marcus

I'm not well versed in boosters yet, but to me it looks fine. I'm thinking if it wasn't for the jeans the lap belt would fit lower yet (not that it is too high right now).

Thanks. I think the jeans might make it look a little decieving, now that I am getting a good look at the pictures. His jeans ride low, so they're sitting right on his hip bones at the highest point. I also think you're right that they're pushing the belt up just a little bit.

abigaylebelle

I think the fit looks good. The lapbelt looks to me like it's touching his thighs and not his belly. He's such a cutie, does he like the booster?

firemomof3

I agree that the fit looks great. Just check to be sure that it stays a good fit while in your MIL's truck. Sometimes different vehicles provide different fits.

sirrahn

Yeah I've always been a little confused by the insistence here that the Big Kid doesn't provide good belt fit. When I had one, I never had any problems with it and had a variety of kids use it over the years. It's certainly not the sturdiest feeling of seats, but as long as the seatbelt fits, I think that's most important.

I'm assuming they are, but do you remember if the armrests were in the lower position? I've wondered if maybe some haven't realized they're adjustable. They don't screw in like the Turbo so they can be moved although it's not easy to do.

It looks great, and he is super cute!:)

emtb79

I think the fit looks good. Im just partial to others brands because my kids fit better in others, but in this seat your cutie fits well... but that is the rule right. The right seat for the kid that fits well on the child and the vehicle.

Mommy2Marcus

I think the fit looks good. The lapbelt looks to me like it's touching his thighs and not his belly. He's such a cutie, does he like the booster?

TY! Yes, he liked the seat. He wanted to take it home, but I told him that he had to wait. :)

I agree that the fit looks great. Just check to be sure that it stays a good fit while in your MIL's truck. Sometimes different vehicles provide different fits.

I will deffinatly double check the fit in my MIL's truck to make sure the belt fit stays good. I hope it does.

Yeah I've always been a little confused by the insistence here that the Big Kid doesn't provide good belt fit. When I had one, I never had any problems with it and had a variety of kids use it over the years. It's certainly not the sturdiest feeling of seats, but as long as the seatbelt fits, I think that's most important.

I'm assuming they are, but do you remember if the armrests were in the lower position? I've wondered if maybe some haven't realized they're adjustable. They don't screw in like the Turbo so they can be moved although it's not easy to do.

It looks great, and he is super cute!:)

Yes, the arm rests were in the lower position. When I was looking at the seat in the store, they were in the higher position, so before I took it out, I put them in the lower position. They're a little harder to get down, but they do move down. :thumbsup:

It does feel a little on the flimsier side, but not to terribly so. It was sturdy enough to stand on it's on & to be held by the top without the back falling off. TY I think he is a cutie to.

Kat_Momof3

I think the fit is great! I'd love to see the headrest a little lower, but if it's the lowest spot, then it's fine... cause the belt fits fine.

I agree... the armrests are very hard to move... but maybe that's part of why they don't have screws for them like the turbo does??

I have seen the big kid not always fit smaller booster riders well, where the turbo will, but it's usually kids I wouldn't put in a booster, so I don't understand the insistence, either... BUT... for a primary seat, I usually prefer the more ample headrests of the turbo (though Ruthie insists the evenflo is more comfy for her, though her favorite is still her vivo)

Mommy2Marcus

I think the fit is great! I'd love to see the headrest a little lower, but if it's the lowest spot, then it's fine... cause the belt fits fine.

I agree... the armrests are very hard to move... but maybe that's part of why they don't have screws for them like the turbo does??

I have seen the big kid not always fit smaller booster riders well, where the turbo will, but it's usually kids I wouldn't put in a booster, so I don't understand the insistence, either... BUT... for a primary seat, I usually prefer the more ample headrests of the turbo (though Ruthie insists the evenflo is more comfy for her, though her favorite is still her vivo)

Thanks! The headrest is 1 up from the lowest. I will try it in the lowest when I get it again, but IIRC the lowest was setting right on his shoulder. So, I think it was to low, but I will double check it. If this was going to be a primary seat that he rode in often, then I would go for something with a little more side wings.

sirrahn

... BUT... for a primary seat, I usually prefer the more ample headrests of the turbo (though Ruthie insists the evenflo is more comfy for her, though her favorite is still her vivo)

:thumbsup:I ended up with the Big Kid years ago because DS1 hated the Turbo and said it was uncomfortable. I recently got a Turbo ($35 Target sale) for DD2 and she's fine in it, but she's much smaller than he was. Plus I think she was just so thrilled to *finally* have a "big girl' seat to use every once in a while that she'd have been happy with anything.

Kat_Momof3

Thanks! The headrest is 1 up from the lowest. I will try it in the lowest when I get it again, but IIRC the lowest was setting right on his shoulder. So, I think it was to low, but I will double check it. If this was going to be a primary seat that he rode in often, then I would go for something with a little more side wings.

in the manual, you will see it says to have it "at" the shoulder... but definitely take a pic!

I agree, of course... I love this seat for a spare, though... sturdy and lightweight (it's being lighweight that gives the flimsy feel, but as it's not latchable, I like lightweight. I think the only reason the Vivo doesn't get that feel is because they use the blown plastic similar to the old Century Breverra, the Britax Regent, etc.)

Mommy2Marcus

in the manual, you will see it says to have it "at" the shoulder... but definitely take a pic!

I agree, of course... I love this seat for a spare, though... sturdy and lightweight (it's being lighweight that gives the flimsy feel, but as it's not latchable, I like lightweight. I think the only reason the Vivo doesn't get that feel is because they use the blown plastic similar to the old Century Breverra, the Britax Regent, etc.)

Thank you so much Kat! You have been a great help to me with all this. I really & truely appreciate all your help. I will deffinatly double check him on the 1st setting when I get it & get some pics. I hope to be able to go grab one in the next week or 2.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC