Puttin' my money where my mouth is: Evenflo Tribute

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hope the link goes to the picture, not the album, but it's the last-ish pic in there if not... https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5576283192696917378
Leah's barely above 40 pounds, about 45" tall, and 5 years, 1 month, so buying a Tribute seems...odd, but hey, Judi's got way more seats than me :whistle::love: (seriously, my scenera recently went to a new home, and I got this really cheap with the BRU trade in, I was feeling bereft without a spare gender neutral convertible in the garage).
So, yeah, she still fits...I mean, not *really*, but just barely, which is pretty amazing considering how small these seat measures and how big she is. I'll hop out and install it in my cars later, if I can get the girls out of it as a TV watching chair :rolleyes:

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, a few years back it was really a bomb of a seat, it only had 3 harness slots, some weird metal plate adjuster thing, and no EPS foam, and a 30lb weight limit RF. I used to really, really despise it. Now my main complaint is the cover. DH saw it on the floor and said, "is that old?". I guess I could have got a pretty one from Walmart, but not with my trade in coupon at BRU, lol.

Kat_Momof3

that's pretty cool!

Is it weird that my first thought was "Did Sarah shrink suddenly??" second thought was... did I get the right picture??"

Then I realized that was the right pic and that your girls just look SO much alike.

love-pink

Do you happen to have a picture comparing her in the scenera? I actually had a tribute in my cart today at Big Lots and then tried the chest clip. I struggled to get it done and undone. :confused: Is yours hard to do?? I tried the displays at brus and kmart too and they were equally as difficult to do. I need an extra seat for dd2 but I cant see my gma or my mother being able to work that chest clip.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think the picture next to it in the album is her in the Scenera (click the right arrow), but over a year ago, right below the top slots. (I'd get a comparison today, but this is a replacement for my Scenera, who's off with an adorable blond 3 yo boy right now :D)
She was griping and complaining about the chest clip and buckle, she's used to being able to undo herself...so, plus for houdini kids, but yeah, NOT cool for adults with any amount of hand pain or dexterity issues.

Kat, I know! She's just like Bitsy, but hazel/brown eyes and straight straight hair, and just a tad bigger at the same age. It's eerie, and cute, too :)

christineka

Yeah, a few years back it was really a bomb of a seat, it only had 3 harness slots, some weird metal plate adjuster thing, and no EPS foam, and a 30lb weight limit RF. I used to really, really despise it. Now my main complaint is the cover. DH saw it on the floor and said, "is that old?". I guess I could have got a pretty one from Walmart, but not with my trade in coupon at BRU, lol.

I had the old one. It had the usual metal plate adjuster thing. It was the titan that had the weird one. I called evenflo and ordered eps foam. I really liked the tribute, but found no use for it once ds got up to 29 pounds because I wanted him rfing longer.

I've tried my 34 pound 6 year old in the display tribute at walmart. She still fits:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The Titan had that metal plate adjuster, too? Maybe they just slopped whatever part on they felt like, because it was definitely my funky floor model Tribute that had that at BRU before the new ones came. (It's exciting to see that when you're a tech, if they taught you the old school rules about old harnesses, "O" is for Open and "C" is for Closed so you know if the strap is threaded right through the plate).

henrietta

Actually, we have one from 2007, and it *does* have EPS foam...that's why I picked it over the Scenera. Really, the shell height and top harness height wasn't all that different--just the rearfacing weight limit of 30 lbs, which didn't matter for my lightweight. I actually like it. Lots of leg room. Pretty easy install. The only real problem we've had w/it is that sometimes the harness gets caught underneath it. It's a spare for my parents to use.

Surprisingly, my 2.5 yr old who has outgrown our Britax rearfacing and has a torso height of about 15" still fits in it forward facing (barely). (-: Talk about my surprise! He's on the top slots of the FPSVD and has about 1/2-1 inch in the Blvd.

(-:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Glad it got EPS foam so early. When I'm talking 'old', I mean 'old'...it was the program seat we all learned on in my tech class, in 2003 :whistle:

christineka

Glad it got EPS foam so early. When I'm talking 'old', I mean 'old'...it was the program seat we all learned on in my tech class, in 2003 :whistle:

Mine was a program seat. When I had the funds, I bought some "extras"- two-piece chest clip and eps foam. Mine had a dom of 2006.

Kat_Momof3

oh I HATED the REALLY old tributes... when we were shopping for a convertible seat back in the day for Damian, it was the only 5-point one in the stores (where we lived) and the only one that went above 20lbs rf, but we returned it and went for the Century with the OHS (because of the lever on the front to recline it and the flat base for easier install) because, even with a tower of tightly rolled towels, I couldn't get it to tightly install and with less padding than his infant seat (and you know how bare bones they were back then), Damian HATED it.

The century, while OHS, was easy to install, easy to use and adjust, and so I decided (rightly) that it was the better choice, even though it had a lower rf limit AND it was pricier.

(it was in a '97 le sabre, btw... very squishy and angled seats, but typically easy to install seats in... I wish I'd been able to have a touriva for him, because the scenera was a breeze compared to how the tribute had been... even without noodles, as it was for Ruthie who didn't need the recline)

Baylor

Man my kids are HUGE!!! What a cutie! I always wonder what the top of the limit looks like in certain seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC