Pics of my kiddos in a Smart Seat...

Kiss Me Deadly

Went to Babies R Us with a friend today so she could take advantage of the last day of trade in to get a Marathon, and I couldn't resist playing with it.

I liked a lot of things about it, and I didn't like some things about it. I think it needs a little tweaking, but if Graco sticks with it, I think it will be a great seat in a year or two...

Here is my 22 month old. She weighs 25 lbs.
EmmeSmartSeat.jpg

Here is my 3yr3mo old. She weighs 34 lbs.
SadieSmartSeat.jpg

I'm not too accurate on their height because I for got to measure them before we left the house...

ADS

chelsey

how cute:love:I still don't like the way the head goes forward.What do you think about it?was it that bad?

Kiss Me Deadly

The headrest issues were ultimately made me decide that I don't care for it (or at least convince me that I don't need to buy it... LOL!).

I did not like the headrest at all, especially compared to the Frontier (which my 3 year old is currently in). The Smart Seat headrest seemed to me like it was actually over their heads and it also pushed their heads WAY forward. The oldest didn't seem to mind and said she liked the seat, but my 22 month old was complaining the whole time (something she doesn't do in her usual seat).

I loved, loved, loved the base! And how easy it was to switch from RF to FF and how it adjusted quickly to accommodate 2 completely different sized kids. I think that it is a perfect solution for parents who do a lot of car switching (one parents drops off at daycare while the other one picks up), and I really do think that after it's on the market for a year or two and Graco's quality department does some tweaking it will be a great seat.

And as an added bonus, I ran into a couple in the stroller section that had an Orbit travel system! I'm in serious lust with that!

ProudMommysince09

What cute little models. Mhm, I saw it in store but had no time to play with it. But if the headrest is a problem that might sway me from wanting to buy it. I was debating it as a back-up, but we are also so close to 40lbs.. We will see lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC