Another mother's day idea?

broken4u05

I want to do something for mother's day with the twins and i am going to do the hand prints and poem from the other post but they have 2 moms and i do not want to do the same thing for both parents. Any other ideas of what i can do with them that i can do with both the boys together?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Stepping stones. If you put playdough in the bottom of an icecream pail (and flatten it out) you can do their hand/foot (or both) prints in there. Mix up some cement (from the hardware store) and pour it over top. Let it sit for a couple of days to a week. Pull away sides of icecream pail, turn upside down to remove the stone and peel off the playdough. It will then have the the hand/foot print raised (for the one I make for me with my DS then I paint his prints blue).

MySillyKids

Stepping stones. If you put playdough in the bottom of an icecream pail (and flatten it out) you can do their hand/foot (or both) prints in there. Mix up some cement (from the hardware store) and pour it over top. Let it sit for a couple of days to a week. Pull away sides of icecream pail, turn upside down to remove the stone and peel off the playdough. It will then have the the hand/foot print raised (for the one I make for me with my DS then I paint his prints blue).

DITTO!!

I made one with my #1 DS, and i LOVE IT. I am going to do it again soon!! its CRAZY how small he was!! I did it when he was 1 month old, and he's 3 now!!

Loves2sing

If the twins are old enough you may want to take them to a ceramics painting place. my SiL made my Mom pot holders with my nieces handprints on them, and she loved it, and still uses them all the time.

broken4u05

WOW i dont know why i didn't think about that with the garden i have been making. thanks for that i think i will try it on monday with them.
ETA- Question with this if i want to have something written on this can i write it in the playdough or something or not? I was thinking about i love you mom or i love my mommies or something. Than their names. How would this work with the paydough?

broken4u05

If the twins are old enough you may want to take them to a ceramics painting place. my SiL made my Mom pot holders with my nieces handprints on them, and she loved it, and still uses them all the time.

They are 17 months. very advanced for their age but that is not something i want to even think about doing yet. Maybe next year or even Christmas not yet though. I love the painting place we have around here though

Loves2sing

You could probably carve the words you want to say right into the playdough. You know using a pencil or something.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
WOW i dont know why i didn't think about that with the garden i have been making. thanks for that i think i will try it on monday with them.
ETA- Question with this if i want to have something written on this can i write it in the playdough or something or not? I was thinking about i love you mom or i love my mommies or something. Than their names. How would this work with the paydough?
Not sure how that would work :confused:

You could maybe try doing like a mosaic (broken glass) to write out their names :shrug-shoulders: I wouldn't press it into the playdough though, just lay it on top and remember to spell it backwards.

Loves2sing

Hey, since this playdough idea would be just a mold to make a stepping stone, you could still have the boys "help" you paint it for their moms. Just make sure you take the project outside!;)

broken4u05

I have tons of glass at my house from the garden. tonight i will try to see what i can do with it and all. Even if i just have there handprints it would be great. Maybe one of each.

broken4u05

Hey, since this playdough idea would be just a mold to make a stepping stone, you could still have the boys "help" you paint it for their moms. Just make sure you take the project outside!;)

That would sure be a messy day. Fun though. I think i might do 2 so they each have one and paint them different colors. Now i wish i was babysitting them this weekend so i could get it started. I also have to take a good photo of them together and that is hard to do now because they just want to run away. Thanks so much for the help. O and this means i get ice cream this week because i have none at my house

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC