MT vs. Radian

ADS

armywife12

I wish I had an MT lol. I have never seen both side to side or comparison pics but I would guess that the MT has more room. The CA and TF have more height room as well.

emthecountrycat

It would be near use less to put my son in a TF at 32 pounds. And I wouldn't even put my son in a Dorel seat even to drive him home after our car accident, but being 37 inches tall that is not much room to grow. He had a Radian but idk if I want another one as he is even with second to the last harness height, and I do believe hat the LATCH came undone during the crash.

AmandaR

It would be near use less to put my son in a TF at 32 pounds. And I wouldn't even put my son in a Dorel seat even to drive him home after our car accident, but being 37 inches tall that is not much room to grow. He had a Radian but idk if I want another one as he is even with second to the last harness height, and I do believe hat the LATCH came undone during the crash.

Yeah we have TF, she fits by height, but not by weight. :(

AmandaR

Yeah if the TF had a 40lb RF weight limit I'd say it would get us to age 3 which is my absolute minimum, though I really want 4.

emthecountrycat

I have an MT, RN, and CA if you want comparison pictures. Just let me know which kid (3 1/2 yr. old or almost 2 yr. old) and what you want and I'll do it today :)

The one closet to my sons size. 32 pounds almost 37 inches. 14 inch torso.

I would like to see size and growing room and which would be outgrown by height first.

gsdguenter

The CA is installed in my mom's car so I'll have to do those tomorrow and then post them here. DD1 (the one in the pictures) will be 4 in August and is 39 inches tall, 13.75 in torso, and 37 lbs. fully clothed.

emthecountrycat

Which would you think would last longer??? I am wondering if I will be able to use the extra 10 pounds at all. FFing I'm not worried about.

armywife12

I was simply stating that they have taller shells, which they do. Your post never said anything about it being for your children or anything.

manateesmom

I was thinking of doing a comparison thread, RN, MT, TWE.

Yes, please! Interested in the TWE vs. RN. Does MT have to be installed outboard because of the foot prop? TWE doesn't have a foot prop, right? Can it be installed in center seating position?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Yes, please! Interested in the TWE vs. RN. Does MT have to be installed outboard because of the foot prop? TWE doesn't have a foot prop, right? Can it be installed in center seating position?
The TWE does not have a foot prop but it must be braced by the dashboard (if in front seat with a disabled air bag or no air bag) or by the seat in front of it.

I it can touch both front seats while in the centre, maybe that would be considered bracing? Although I don't think I'd be comfortable with that in case it slipped to one side in an offset crash and thus had no seat bracing on one side.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC