Cheap Convertable Seats

Loves2sing

I was just wondering which cheap Convertable Canadian Seats you would recommend? I was just talking to a friend about this, and we realized that there aren't a whole lot of cheaper seat options. The only one that i could think of that I would recommend would be the Evenflo Triumph. What about you guys though?

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Cosco Scenera. It is about $99 at Walmart but does go on sale for $89 :rolleyes: You might want to look at Zellers and watch Canadian Tire for sales; both Zellers and Canadian Tire sell quite a few Cosco seats. The Triumph has a shorter shell so it doesn't last as long RF. It also has the harness adjuster nobs on the side to tighten and loosen so it can sometimes be difficult to tighten and loosen. Now I am not a fan of the AO/AOE but I think if I was going to spend that much money on a Triumph then I would just get the AO/AOE from Walmart/Superstore for $150 (I think it would also be able to be used RF longer).

For a FF only seat that converts to a booster, Walmart has the Bolero for $120.

Loves2sing

I am not actually looking, but i was just wondering what people would say. Have you seen the new Triumph though? The seat is a lot bigger now that it used to be. Jen, (Aiden'smom02) had one for her DS Aiden who is now 5, but the new one is a lot bigger than the one she had for him.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yeah, Jen, (aidensmom02) and I saw it at TRU a couple weeks ago.

Oh, I was just at Toys R Us but I didn't check out the Evenflo seats :( I was looking at the MA, boosters and the SS1's! I'll have to look for it the next time I am in the city.

Did it look nice? How much was it?

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Oh, I was just at Toys R Us but I didn't check out the Evenflo seats :( I was looking at the MA, boosters and the SS1's! I'll have to look for it the next time I am in the city.

Did it look nice? How much was it?

It wasn't the new, new one. I got one of the very first Triumph's that came out (yes, imported from the US) and the current ones have taller top slots than the first ones produced in 2002.

Aiden is just over the top slots on the current Triumph (in the store... so probably quite a bit more over them installed in the van), but he definitely had more room in the current model than he did in his. His Triumph was outgrown in height by 2.5 - 3 yrs old.

I haven't seen one of the new ones out yet... but they look nice from what I've seen online... infinite height adjuster and 3" taller shell. Should be a nice contender for some other seats on the market.

Loves2sing

Guess I misunderstood about our conversation in the store! Sorry! Well, it was new to ME, in my defence. The only other one I had ever really looked at was Aiden's old seat.:rolleyes: I do want to check out the actual new ones though. They looked cool on the other thread.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Guess I misunderstood about our conversation in the store! Sorry! Well, it was new to ME, in my defence. The only other one I had ever really looked at was Aiden's old seat.:rolleyes: I do want to check out the actual new ones though. They looked cool on the other thread.

They do look nice, but I am not sure how great they will be for a RF seat :rolleyes:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
They do look nice, but I am not sure how great they will be for a RF seat :rolleyes:

With an extra 3" of shell, they should be really nice... as long as the knobs don't get jammed into the back of your vehicle seat or if you use the memory harness to adjust the harness. I really loved that memory harness!:)

JaRylan

With an extra 3" of shell, they should be really nice... as long as the knobs don't get jammed into the back of your vehicle seat or if you use the memory harness to adjust the harness. I really loved that memory harness!:)

Is there any word on when the new one will be available in Canada?

Loves2sing

I'm guessing this fall? It's *suppossed* to be headed to the States this spring, so my guess is we'll probably be a couple seasons behind.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC