Question about SK Radian XTSL Shell Height

JMacSanDiego

I feel like an idiot because I misplaced the owner's manual and so I don't have this information. How long does the seat's shell height extend? I know my son has a few inches to go before he's too tall to fit it, but I was wondering how long it extends in inches. Thanks. And here's something else: This is mainly a statement rather than a question. Even when he passes 45 pounds (and his carseat can be turned to the FF position), I'm still going to be nervous about him facing forwards. I hope his little neck is much stronger by then to withstand a crash. If anything happened to him, I'd never forgive myself. Right now he is 3 years old and weighs about 32 pounds and is approximately 37 inches tall.

Last edited:
ADS

P1ally

The shell of the seat does not extend. What you see is what you get. The wings move up, but it doesn't increase the height of the shell. Your ds will have outgrown the seat when his head is 1" from the top of the shell. Hth! :)

JMacSanDiego

Ok, thank you. I was under the impression that the shell extended upwards to accommodate a child's increasing height. Like I mentioned, he's not there yet. Now are the "wings" you refer to actually the side-impact head protection things? This is him in the seat, he seems to love it...
002.jpg

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Right, those are the wings. You can lower them down to his head when his shoulders are at the third slot.

Between 13 pounds and five inches above his head, I'd say you have two to three years to rear face in the seat. I wouldn't worry too much.

Wendy

JMacSanDiego

Right, those are the wings. You can lower them down to his head when his shoulders are at the third slot.

Between 13 pounds and five inches above his head, I'd say you have two to three years to rear face in the seat. I wouldn't worry too much.

Wendy
Thank you Wendy. There's so much to keep up with concerning carseat installations and safety, that I get confused sometimes. I feel so naive when I ask questions, although I also know that it's good to ask questions if you're not completely sure. Thank you all.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC