Another recall question!!

mommyfrog

If a seat's model number is on the list, does that mean it is for sure recalled? Someone is claiming the car seat was made a couple months before the recall dates start but the model number is definitely on the list.:confused:

ADS

afdani1984

It should be both the model number, and the DOM should fit within the ranges noted in the recall notice. Those are the ones that have actually been recalled. BUT, beware because there have been people with one of the models being recalled and they are outside the DOM but had the same issues with the adjuster strap and the harness coming loose. Also, there are other models not currently being recalled that have the same mechanism.

Baylor

This may be a completely dumb question, But I am going to ask anyway;)

What is the difference in the ones before and after and during the recall? From what I see there are people here that have said they have that problem with seats that do not fall in the recall.

NannyMom

This may be a completely dumb question, But I am going to ask anyway;)

What is the difference in the ones before and after and during the recall? From what I see there are people here that have said they have that problem with seats that do not fall in the recall.

Dorel should have record of what specific parts and pieces they used on which seats and which dates. So perhaps it was a different batch of harness adjusters outside the recall dates. Maybe we will see another recall coming if they test another batch and find them faulty too.

afdani1984

Some of it may have to do with information given from people who have had/noticed the seats fail. If they provide the model and DOM, and the company noticed a trend in failures for certain DOM's..that might be what determines it. This is also why it's important for people who have other DJG model seats ( I have a SF APC) and seats that are outside the DOM, who experience the issue with the strap adjuster, that they notify DJG. This way they can add to the recall info if need be.

laudymama

I am one of those people w/ a seat that falls into model but not DOM and has the same issue w/ the harness. The DOM is only off by a few months I might add. Dorel does know because I called them about it and they asked for the DOM yet it is still not recalled. Concerning isn't it? Really makes you wonder.....

NannyMom

I am one of those people w/ a seat that falls into model but not DOM and has the same issue w/ the harness. The DOM is only off by a few months I might add. Dorel does know because I called them about it and they asked for the DOM yet it is still not recalled. Concerning isn't it? Really makes you wonder.....

Did you report it to NHTSA? I'm sure someone here has the link to report a problem online.

aeormsby

I have a seat with a model # on the list but a date 2 weeks before the recall dates. I'm really waffling on whether or not to keep it in our truck. I did tell DH about the issues so he'll check to make sure the adjuster is locked if he takes DS someplace.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC