OT - Soft Soled Shoes

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
I am a firm believer in the fact that babies should be barefoot, and if not, in soft soled shoes. IMO, thats the only way their feet can form correctly. Anyways, besides Robeez, Bobux, what are some other great brands? :)

ADS

TxMomma

I am a firm believer in the fact that babies should be barefoot, and if not, in soft soled shoes. IMO, thats the only way their feet can form correctly. Anyways, besides Robeez, Bobux, what are some other great brands? :)

I get them from here http://stores.ebay.com/Shoes-Zoo_W0QQcolZ2QQdirZQ2d1QQdptZ0QQftidZ2QQpZ2QQsojsZ0QQtZkm they hold up really well! Ashlynn has been able to wear the same size for about a year now (tiny feet) and we've had no problems, she even plays outside in them. You can't beat the price either!

Loves2sing

I have noticed many stores coming out with Robeez knockoffs. I have seen them at Walmart, Zellers, and Children's Place. I think I may have seen them at Payless too. I don't think the brand makes a huge difference, as long as they are soft soles.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
For bad weather and older kids: Elefanten. It's a German brand, but as far as "real shoes" go their soles are much, much more flexible than any US brands I've found. The quality is great, too.

I know Elefantens are sometimes available at high end shops, and I've seen them on eBay. If you know someone in Germany, Walmart often has them on sale for 10 Euro, which is insane for shoes that nice.

Tara

Target has some and I just got a pair at Meijer too. The Robeez "knock offs" that is. I don't remember the brands..I think the ones I picked up are "Gold Bug" ??

The Target ones cost about $13 and the Meijer ones were $9 :eek:

Question...
How true to size do you find these things to run?
I mean, I have a little guy, I know that. He's 15 months old, 22# and fitting size 12mo clothes just dandily. But I tried the 6-12mo shoes on him and he had flipper feet. I didn't see how he could manage to walk around with all that excess at his toes. But the next size down *just* fits.

None of my kids are known for their big feet though, so, maybe that's part of it?

Just wondering about your experiences.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Target has some and I just got a pair at Meijer too. The Robeez "knock offs" that is. I don't remember the brands..I think the ones I picked up are "Gold Bug" ??

The Target ones cost about $13 and the Meijer ones were $9 :eek:

Question...
How true to size do you find these things to run?
I mean, I have a little guy, I know that. He's 15 months old, 22# and fitting size 12mo clothes just dandily. But I tried the 6-12mo shoes on him and he had flipper feet. I didn't see how he could manage to walk around with all that excess at his toes. But the next size down *just* fits.

None of my kids are known for their big feet though, so, maybe that's part of it?

Just wondering about your experiences.

I've noticed Robeez are pretty true to size... Leah seems to always be wearing the right size for her age.

Here's a little tip: If your kiddo is crawling, the dark colored ones seem to look less filthy than the light colored ones a lot longer (her pretty light pink flower ones look pretty ratty pretty fast, but her dark brown kitty cat ones look much nicer for longer...). My kid has like 10 pairs of shoes, doesn't walk, and the only thing that stays on her feet are her Robeez :D

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Also, Soft Star Shoes, which I assumed were mentioned in the original post, or I'd have mentioned those *first*. They've been around longer than Bobux or Robeez. I have a pair that all 3 of my kids wore (and wore and wore and wore)!

southpawboston

don't know of any besides those, but i totally agree about proper foot development and being as close to barefoot as possible, whenever possible!

We just used socks. ;) I think I had a few pair of generic or Goldbug soft shoes for the girls, for those times when I wanted the "finished outfit" look for portraits or a holiday dress or whatnot, but our babies mostly just wore socks...:)

musicmaj

I love our isabooties. I bought them because they can be thrown in the wash. Ryan has worn them outside and they worked out just fine. He has been wearing this pair since Christmas and they look brand new still.
Ryan also has a pair of stride rite sneakers for his wide little feet that are very, very flexible. Unfortunately, when he outgrows these I won't be able to get him another this flexible because these stop at size 5. I think I will try a pair of pedoodles sportys next.

Before that I had the generic target soft shoes and they were great before he started walking. After that, he stepped in something damp and the color ran and the shoes didn't look so good.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I have always used Robeez, I just got a pair of knock-offs but I don't like them as much. I found that the Robeez seem to stay on the best. I bought DS a pair of See Kai Run shoes and I/we love them. they are very soft with a super flexible sole (remember my DS is almost 3 so I need shoe but still want flexible :D)! I would say they are the next best thing to Robeez :love:

Loves2sing

Just another point. A friend of mine never washed her DD robeez, because she didn't know you could. You can wash them! I use a warm gentle cycle, and lay them flat to dry. Just in case you didn't know.

amy919

I hate shoes. So do my kids. I'm that crazy person you see in the summer digging around the back seat of the car searching for a pair of flip flops. I especially hate shoes on babies. Kaylie never wore shoes as a baby. Teagan hates socks, so she would constantly pull them off and her feet would be freezing cold. With her being in daycare, I was afraid she'd end up losing her socks, so I got the Robeez knock offs from Target. They were great (but the sizing IS way off - I don't know any 12 or 18 month old with feet that big!), but don't put them in the washer! I destroyed about 3 pairs of them. You can hand wash them, though.

Now that Teagan is off and running, she's required to wear sneakers to school since they spend time outside. She just got her first pair of Nikes and she loves them. She fights me horribly when I try to take them off (usually the second we get home). When I do get them off, she spends 20 mintes trying to put them back on before she gives up. She's like her dad in that respect. Kaylie and I have our shoes off the minute we walk in the house before our coats are even off!

Amy

Laurenc0101

My little one wears Robeez too. I noticed last time I was at BRU, they had some similar to Robeez, but a different brand. Brayden has a big foot though. At 12 months he was already in his 18-24 month Robeez :eek:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
For bad weather and older kids: Elefanten. It's a German brand, but as far as "real shoes" go their soles are much, much more flexible than any US brands I've found. The quality is great, too.

I know Elefantens are sometimes available at high end shops, and I've seen them on eBay. If you know someone in Germany, Walmart often has them on sale for 10 Euro, which is insane for shoes that nice.

I LOVE Elefanten shoes! Nordstrom usually has a couple different styles but they are expensive. My daughter had a pair boot black boots and they were $78, luckily I found them at Nordstrom Rack (their outlet type store) for a lot less. I am soo wishing I knew someone in Germany right now.

Splash

I know someone in Germany!!

Charlie wears crocs. Well, knock off crocs. Croc offs.

They're super flexible, but safer. Around the house, he's barefoot. Outside though, leather soles just aren't safe enough for him. One cut on his foot and he'll bleed for an hour. Plus he gets bruises on his feet from walking barefoot or with leather soles. He didn't wear Crocs until maybe 15 months, until then it was leather or barefoot only. But now we just can't do it anymore. I did buy him one pair of very flexible Nike sneakers the other day. I hate Nike on principle, but the soles were SO flexible that i relented.

I too absolutely believe that kids should be barefoot and soft soled whenever possible. But don't rule Crocs (and their myriad of copies) out completely if you want/need something with a bit more substance. I can tie the things in half, but nothing pokes through to his little feet.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC