Computer experts

cpsaddict

I have dial up at home(I live in the boonies), but we have wireless at work. Can I connect with a wireless connection even if I have the dial-up? I have People PC and the computer keeps trying to dial, while a little box pops up on the bottom saying the computer is connected wirelessly. It won't let me get online. That's were it keeps trying to connect. Oh, this is on my laptop, I am writing from the PC in my office, in case anyone was confused.

Thanks

ADS

broken4u05

Also if you have a wireless chip in your laptop it will find any wireless near you and connect if it can(well mine does) and than i have firefox in my computer so i can just get online and not change my settings. I have AOL for when i have to dial up. Have you tried firefox? That is how my computer works so yours might be different

cpsaddict

What is Firefox?

My computer does automatically connect and it says it's connected, but when I click on the internet icon, it wants to connect using People PC.

broken4u05

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

That is what i use. It just looks for any internet that you are on and you do not have to pay for it because it does not work unless you already have a way to me online. The other thing you are using wants to dial up each time. I have never used people pc so i can't help with that but if you want download firefox and see if you can get online that way if not i guess we will try something else.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I have a data card in my laptop so that it will work wherever I have cell service.

It's like $50 a month, and it's a one year contract, which is kind of a PITA, but I do love getting cell service in the WM parking lot, if I need to. LOL

We travel a lot, so it was worth it to us, as we were always struggling to find directions, and this way, we can just bring our laptop with us wherever, and get service wherever.

The speed is only so-so, but we can get T1 (super super fast) down at Starbucks (no add'l cost for us) so if I ever needed to download something massive, I could just do that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC