Monterey, Parkway SG, old Parkway & Graco turbobooster (part 1 of 2)

family5oregon

I hope this is the right forum. :eek:

I bought the Parkway SG Saturday and thought I would do some pictures of them with approximate measurements.

Monterey - Parkway SG - old Parkway - Graco TB
1.jpg

Seat at highest setting.

Headrest width.

Seat depth.

I do still have the seats out if you have any other question.

In part 2 I will have DS, and his goofy smiles, in the boosters.

ADS

family5oregon

Re: Monterey, Parkway SG, old Parkway & Graco turbobooster

PART 2

MONTEREY
tallest setting - his setting - legs

PARKWAY SG

old PARKWAY

GRACO HB TURBOBOOSTER

I wanted to ad my husbands thoughts about the seats. Finally, giving me his opinion.

TB: not enought padding, doesn't go tall enough & flimsy headreast extention

PW: better padding, loves the deep headwings, taller headrest but VERY flimsy extention, not enought seat depth & lack of leg support (DS doesn't complain) and how there isn't much if any room for growth around his midsection.

PW SG: way better seat padding, nice seat depth, tall headrest wider seat base, better on the headrest extention, not too sure about the SG (hasn't used it enough) and we both agree on not liking the low armrests (agian DS hasn't complained)

MONTEREY: great padding all around, nice width & depth, strong headrest extention, solid, nice and tall headrest. the only thing we can find is it could be heavy and too wide for some.

family5oregon

I have these from a different thread about how the belt fits in the lap belt guide and over DS's lap.

old PW in our burban (the one in the shop)
100_5601.jpg
100_5603.jpg

ginny4

AWESOME!! THANKS!!

I'm wondering between the monterey & PKWY SG which would you choose? thta is my dilema for my youngest. tho its really too early to make a decision since he won't go full time for another 1.5yrs. there might be more choices by then

Irishmama

Thank you so much! I've been wondering how the head wings compare for some time now. I'd rep you, but I have to spread the love first. Thanks again!

family5oregon

DS in the boosters in my '95 Montero suv.

MONTEREY

PARKWAY SG
the SG is all the way extended so it's comfortable for him.

no hip room between the armrest

is the belt cuping okay?

what about this? it doesn't take much movement for the belt to slip over the armrest.

old PARKWAY

the belt is cupping also.

Hopefully, I will have pictures of DS in these seat in our burban tomorrow. :2thumbsup:

Kat_Momof3

I think the cupping is fine... but I wouldn't use the new parkway for him in that vehicle because of the belt coming out of the armrests like that... probably from where the lapbelt is anchored ... it's just a risk I wouldn't take. I think he's just a wide kid and needs a roomier seat.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way he looks in the Monterey.

He looks a bit squished in the hips in the original parkway, though (I'm shocked I'm saying this as that seat is SUPER narrow at the back) less so than the Parkway SG.

family5oregon

I think the cupping is fine... but I wouldn't use the new parkway for him in that vehicle because of the belt coming out of the armrests like that... probably from where the lapbelt is anchored ... it's just a risk I wouldn't take. I think he's just a wide kid and needs a roomier seat.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the way he looks in the Monterey.

He looks a bit squished in the hips in the original parkway, though (I'm shocked I'm saying this as that seat is SUPER narrow at the back) less so than the Parkway SG.

Once hubby saw how the belt wasn't under the armrest he said 'no, take it out!' :)love: I've trained him well)

We bought the newer PW for a few reasons. Our Monterey won't be able to extend fully behind the passanger seat. And DS doesn't fit as well in it anymore. :crying: We/he LOVES that seat, it worked in soooo many vehicles. How much longer does he have in the seat?

When we get our suburban from the shop I plan on trying DS in it. I hope the new PW works but at the same time, not. We would prefere to make the Monterey work. We love the protection the seat offers. Plus we have had nothing but GREAT customer service from them.

I hope all that makes sense...thoughts going every direction.

braggsalot

Thank you for sharing all of your information. You have just confirmed for me that I need to get DD a Monterey.

Can you explain why you can't raise the Monterey to the highest point?

family5oregon

Thank you for sharing all of your information. You have just confirmed for me that I need to get DD a Monterey.

Can you explain why you can't raise the Monterey to the highest point?

You are so welcome.

We have a '97 suburban, the pillar behind the passanger seat is different than behind the drivers set. With that it makes it difficult to raise the headrest all the way up. (looking ahead) I need to keep him behind the passanger seat for easy of use of the 3rd row.

family5oregon

Okay, couldn't get DS to model. :(

Here is the pillar issue I am having.
100_5755.jpg

100_5757.jpg

Here is the Monterey, PW SG & old PW

The PW SG.
@ DS setting
100_5758.jpg

all the way extended, doesn't fit. in my opinion, the worst fit.
100_5760.jpg

[old PW, fits better.
DS setting
100_5767.jpg

all the way extended but it is pushing up against the pillar when DS isn't sitting in it.
100_5768.jpg

Finally, the Monterey lol, we are partial to this seat. don't mind the snow in the picture :ROTFLMAO:
DS setting
100_5763.jpg

The Monterey does the same thing as the PW SG when it's full extended.
100_5764.jpg

Kat_Momof3

I think the Monterey looks better fully extended than the parkway sg, though...

I'm sure it was you I said this to before, but I'll say it again... I think the solution is a Recaro Vivo... it sits so low... it can be fully raised in my third row...

here's a pic of Jeffrey in his sister's Vivo from when we first got it in our third row (as there is no way I'm going out in my freshly showered condition in the cold and wind (though the sun HAS come out and the rain has stopped) to take new pics.

RecaroVivoJeffreyDec2009a.jpg

and Ruthie's most recent pic in the third row... she's got it halfway up at her current height
RuthieVivoFebruary2011.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC