seats at Canadian Walmart today

April

Harmony backless: pink or greyish beige - $17.97

Onside Air: blue - $124.97 - RF 5-39.6lbs, FF 1 year and 22-39.6lbs. No mention of walking unassisted in the manual. Bottom slot 7", top 14".

Scenera with 35 lb RF limit on "clearance" for $50

Scenera LX: RF 5-39.6 lbs, FF 22-39.6lbs - $89.97

Interesting that Dorel put 39.6 lbs instead of 40, and no mention of walking unassisted. Cool that we have the Harmony backless now. At $17.97 and no screws required to be installed, it will make a good seat to recomend to parents of older kids, and also good for a spare.
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

Emi's Mommy

I saw in another thread that Dorel went with 39.6 because that is what 18kg is. The new regs use kilograms right? Could that be why they went with 39.6?

featherhead

Ours doesn't have the Onside Air, but it does have the new Scenera, and the Harmony backless.

Oh, and I also noticed the new AOs have the grippy harness pad things.

amelia222

I noticed that about the new scenera, weird picky details.

does your walmart still have the MR?

I'll have to check out the harmony next week!

April

No MR at either of the two Walmarts I've been to in the past 24 hours.I don't see why Dorel would put 18kg (39.6 lbs) because of the new regs but then NOT add in the walking unassisted for FF.
Posted via Mobile Device

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I suspect the 39.6lbs is them being precise with the 18kg - remember 65lbs is the max rf'ing weight that a manufacturer could choose to label their seat for, so it's not like they're anywhere near that limit.

As was pointed out to me a few years back - 30kg actually converts to just over 65lbs. (It was a seat rated to 30kg.)

So I suspect it's just being precise - if someone wanted to get nit-picky - even a lawyer for instance, who knows what they could claim if the weight limit in kilos and weight limit in lbs weren't the same. I suspect that that .4lbs is really trivial anyways - most kids aren't going to be hitting 40lbs rf'ing anyways and I'd never push a seat right to the last 1/2lb of the weight limit on purpose anyways.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC