Reputation Question

amy919

This is a silly question, but how do you find out who gave you reputation points? Is there a place you can go to see where they're coming from?

Amy

ADS

Simplysomething

As far as I know, the only way to find out who is giving you rep is to have them tell you. (In your User CP, when you look at last reputation received...sometimes folks sign 'em).

Jewels

Senior Community Member
There isn't any way right now to find out who is giving you points. Like Simplysomething said you can look at what posts you have been given points for (in your UserCP) and sometimes people sign there name there but not always.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
OK, I must be stupid,, but what and where is my UserCP?

No question is a stupid question!

At the top of the page there is a tool bar (Above the tool bar is where you navigate around the forum) with these options:
Forums HOME, UserCP, FAQ, Member List, Calendar, blog, New Posts, Search, Quick Links, Log Out

Click on UserCP and you can do all sorts of things like editing your profile, changing your avatar, editing your signature etc.

Simplysomething

Thanks, Jewels.

If all else failed, I was going to be super helpful:
usercpwhereis-1.jpg

ETA: I use the spring skin, in case anyone is thrown by the non-neon of the image. lol

southpawboston

sometimes you can be a little sneaky and figure out who left you reputation by looking at the time stamp for the reputation, and seeing if the time stamp of the next post after the one you made which earned you the reputation is within a minute or two of the time stamp of the reputation... not perfect, but sometimes it can reveal who left the reputation. :whistle: but that depends on the person leaving the reputation also posting after your post, so it only works sometimes.

amy919

I was just curious. I was trying to figure out how to add a signature. Of course, I'd actually have to make one first, but I was doing some pre-emptive investigation:) . Somehow I got into the reputation thing and was shocked to see that people are giving me points! I couldn't figure how to get back in there, though.

Amy

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I see people in my list who didn't leave a note. The page lists: "Thread Date Posted By Comment", and the comment field is blank in more than half of the threads listed, but I can still see whom it was posted by. :confused:

Loves2sing

When you add points to someone you have the option of telling them why, but you don't have to. I usually leave the reason, but there have been times when I was just lazy.:whistle: I didn't know you had to sign your name though. Now that I do know, I will do just that. What i wonder is how you find out how many reputation points you have. I can never find it in my User CP. Maybe because no one had added any for me?

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I see people in my list who didn't leave a note. The page lists: "Thread Date Posted By Comment", and the comment field is blank in more than half of the threads listed, but I can still see whom it was posted by. :confused:
Could that be because you are an admin? Maybe the admin's can see who gave them the points??

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Wow, Simply, that is a super way of explaining something.

I am a visual learner, so the giant arrow would have been far more helpful than "the dark blue bar! it's on the dark blue bar!!! next to chatroom. well, a few over to the right, no, i mean the left, but on the dark blue bar!" which is how my dh would have explained it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC