Some seat pics -- Maestro and MyRide

djma

I made the most of my portion of the tax money and got 2 seats today. I used my old SS1 to trade in at BRU and got the Maestro for $65. This will be our spare for DS2.

Then I met violetsmommy and got her Flair MyRide. This is our spare for DD since I have been having trouble with the Avenue.

I took some pics when I got home. I am impressed with the maestro and IMO it makes a great backup. DS2 wants to use it full time because the cup holder elastic makes a great seat for Woody. :p

DS2 technically would fit on the next to top slots in the Maestro, but I went ahead and kept them on the top slots. He has plenty of room to grow. He just turned 5 and is around 40" and 40lbs. He is on the next to top slots in his Nauti for comparison. The slots in the meastro were higher than where the cover fell -- I'm assuming this is just because it's new and needs to be sat in and get stretched out. LOL

DD fit in the maestro too - just for fun of course. She needed the bottom slots and still had room to grow. She is 19 months old, 20lbs and 30.5".

The maestro has a decent recline to it too, I wasn't really expecting that.

DS2 has outgrown the MyRide for RF, but still fits FF.

Thanks for reading my thoughts. I'm glad I have these as backups.

Now for the pics. Disclaimer - my daughter rides RF in her signo (her main seat).

I do have one question -- below is a pic of the Myride FF - actually of the base/foot area. Even after all of my weight, there is still a small gap - would this be acceptable??

Sorry about the sun - couldn't get a good angle, but it's definitely outgrown RF.

This is FF - still a little bit of room to go.

Here's the base pic -- Is this ok??

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
I'm pretty sure the foot prop has to be down. It folds in...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4qIoZ-tHZk"]YouTube - Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat Installation Rear-Facing Using a LATCH[/ame]

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Graco in the U.S. told me the feet have to touch the vehicle seat. Graco in Canada (Elfe) told me it's okay to have the feet off the seat as long as the seat is otherwise a solid install. Both countries agreed that the MR cannot hang off the front of the seat.

I have to follow up with U.S. Graco actually on this very issue. So I'll report back when I hear from them (been waiting since last June).

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'd love to hear what US Graco says about it. I returned a MR for this very reason.
I emailed someone higher up in the company and told the discrepancy in answers I got from U.S. customer service and Canadian customer service. I was told that they were going to have their techs actually install the seat in the same model of vehicle I have and get back to me. No one ever got back to me. GRRRR.

I just reread the emails from Elfe (Graco in Canada) and they specifically tell me that the seat bottom does NOT have to touch the vehicle seat in two separate emails. They say that the seat bottom cannot hang off the front of the vehicle seat and that the seat should be pressed into the vehicle seat back (another thing I can't do in my install, it only touches at the very top). They also said they had their technicians look at my install and that it was acceptable (with the feet off the seat and the gap at the back) *if* I had less than 1" of movement (which I did).

And my mistake, Graco U.S.A. did not tell *me* the entire base had to touch, it was another mama on this board who they told. Her and I were in a long thread about this seat and she was having the same issues. She posted the email response she got so I do know that Graco U.S.A. did say this.

I just sent a follow up email to the lady at Graco U.S.A. that was supposed to be helping me. Hopefully she responds quickly.

I always say that it doesn't bother me that I can't use the seat FF since it kept DD RF for an additional year and a half, but you know it kind of *does* bother me. DD is old enough that I really only need 6 months - 1 year of FF use and then I could buy her a dedicated booster. As it is now, I'm going to have to get two combo seats that get used only for a short time with the harness and then I have to hope that they work well for her as a booster at that point. And if they don't, then I *still* have to buy two boosters. If she was younger and was going to get more use out of the combo seat in harnessed mode, then I'd be much less bothered.

Kat_Momof3

if you "walk" (tilt the head portion toward you and wiggle the front of the bottom forward a couple inches) the base forward, you'll probably get more recline, but also a better fit.

this video makes it look like it should at least be touching - [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBAfN-3LD90&feature=related"]YouTube - Graco My Ride 65 Convertible Car Seat Installation Forward-Facing Using a Seatbelt[/ame]

Kat_Momof3

I tend to view most convertible seats (this is one of them) as a rf-only seat... because of how high they sit... but with this one, add the recline.

HoWeVer... that's is nothing on them safety-wise, so I'm not saying the recline makes them any less safe....

yet, it will continue to bug me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC