Does the SG strap actually add "safety" in your opinion?

DahliaRW

I'm starting to think about boosters for ds2. He will be 4 in July and asked me for a booster for his birthday (wants to be like big brother). He's fairly mature, and already 40lbs, so I'm ok getting him one to use on short rides to get him used to it (and to see how mature he is in it). I drive a van, so it's not a problem to have his harnessed seat and booster in there so I can put him in the harness if he can't sit properly or for longer trips.

Anyways, I was thinking about the Parkway SG because of the sg clip. But, it seems that submarining is more of an issue under 40lbs (which is kind of silly since the parkway starts at 40lbs). Would you think there would be a safety benefit for a younger rider? I know it's opinion, but just trying to figure it all out. Plus amazon has the sg for 89.99 right now, which seems like a really good price (though not ready to buy quite yet).

ADS

abigaylebelle

I have also wondered about this, although my kid is less than 40lbs so it's moot. I guess I think it might help but only if the seatbelt fits well without it. If the sg clip is the only thing keeping the lapbelt off his tummy then I don't think it's safer than a booster that has a great belt fit without an sg clip.
I would probably just see if you can try him in a few different boosters so you can determine which has the best belt fit. If the parkway works for him then the sg clip might be helpful especially since he is accustomed to having a crotch strap in his harnessed seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC