Oooh, Stow N Go is cool!

oxeye

We have a Grand Caravan loaner car right now - and the Stow N Go is so cool!! I could almost see myself buying one of those one day .... almost. ;)

We took the Passat on a long road trip last weekend because my intuition was telling me something would go wrong with the Pacifica. Sure enough, I was driving it to Trader Joes today and one of the warning lights came on. So we detoured to the mechanic and there something wrong with the engine misfiring (I think that's what the guy said).

So three hours and a couple car seat transfers later we were out of there with a loaner car (and I'm so proud that I did it all without even interrupting my DH's work to freak out about it, LOL). And I still don't have my groceries.

The gal at the car rental place was majorly impressed with my car seats, though. She loved the covers and wanted to know all about how to install them (and never knew before what those LATCH hooks were for). Hopefully some of my obsession rubbed off on her if she has kids some day. ;)

ADS

MsFacetious

I thought the newer vans had new seatbelts. There goes my idea. :)

Oh no looks like I'll have to stick to a Sienna or Odyssey when I get a new van.. hehehe :)

JaRylan

Thanks for the reminder about the Gen 3 seatbelts Jenny. A friend of mine has the stow and go and loves it but I rememember her mentioning something about the seatbelts and now I have made the connection.:rolleyes: The reason they got the stow and go seats is because their middle child has a form of Cerebal Palsy and this way the wheelchair goes in the back no problem.

oxeye

The Stow n Go is really cool, but I can't get past the Generation 3 seatbelts.

I thought they didn't use those anymore? :confused:

If they do that's concerning for the driver and my DH if he's with me but the girls' seats are in there with LATCH right now. Looks like we have to keep the thing until Monday or Tuesday.

Kellyr2

I also thought the Gen 3's were no longer used as of a few years ago, and I think most of the ones new enough to have stow n go are new enough to have gen 4's. Maybe I'm mistaken on how recently gen 3's were used, though?

arly1983

The newest van I saw them in while we were van shopping was an '03 Town and Country.....

Thats why we have a Ford

Loves2sing

From any of the research I have found the last year that they used the generation3 seatbelts was in 2002. Since then they are using the Generation4 seatbelts, and they don't have the same issues as a Gen3. So if the van is newer than a 2002, you should be fine! Although, I personally have a tough time wanting to purchase any vehicle from Chrysler just because of their refusal to recall the Gen3 seatbelts. That being said, they appartantly are being sold again so maybe the new owners will be an improvement.

R&J'sMom

We have a 2006 Chrysler T & C minivan and we have the new seatbelts and stow n go. The stow n go option was the reason we chose this van and we use it all the time.

becca011906

Senior Community Member
Some '04's have them too... our dodge intrepid has them (i think havent' done the whole ball test thing) but still. they latch really well but i can definatly see how they could come undone by not pressing to far in on it.

oh yeah and t&c are pretty cool too, i like them for the stow and go but that's about it... we took the van to florida on vacation and i really didn't like it at all, we will not look at that as a van choice when and if we need to buy a van. LOL

Loves2sing

I guess it all comes down to the paticular van you buy. Just research a little, and make sure you know how to identify Gen3 seatbelts, and make sure you don't purchase a van with them. The other nice thing about Dodge's Grand Caravan is appartantly there are going to be a ton of improvments for the 2008 model. Suppossedly, according to my Dh's many car magazines, it is going to be pretty well completley new from the ground up.

Loves2sing

Besides the swivel function, it supossed to have rear heated seats and everything. I am NOT a minivan fan, I just can't bring myself to want one, but i am actually thinking a little more about minivans after hearing about the cool new caravan.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I miss my mom's old Previa for the middle row swivel seats....

Ahhhhhh, that van has lots of fun highschool memories :cool: :whistle:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Besides the swivel function, it supossed to have rear heated seats and everything. I am NOT a minivan fan, I just can't bring myself to want one, but i am actually thinking a little more about minivans after hearing about the cool new caravan.

I know, I just want my kids to ride RF, like, forever... lol. :D

MsFacetious

I was just going to ask about that. Since they have been tested both ways, I wondered if we could really use seats on them?? That would be so cool.

Crap lol. I almost got excited about that. :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, you can't use seats on them, but my kids are old enough to go boosterless, like, any day now ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC