Somebody remind me how to get the canopy fabric off a Snugride

amyd

I know it involves curse words and a flathead screwdriver but other than that...:p

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

canadiangie

Are you washing it? Cause I just leave the canopy on the plastic and pitch the whole thing in. My washer has no agitator though.. I wouldnt do it if I had an agitator.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
canadiangie said:
Are you washing it? Cause I just leave the canopy on the plastic and pitch the whole thing in. My washer has no agitator though.. I wouldnt do it if I had an agitator.

I would. Works fine. Just coil it up and put it in a laundry bag or tie it in a pillow case.

amyd

canadiangie said:

No, replacing it. I bought a new cover and canopy for the n00b.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I haven't done it for a while, but IIRC the two parts of each "arm" snap together in the middle. I remember that unsnapping them required an amount of force that I was certain would break them, but didn't.

Mae

I just bend them until they pop open. :whistle:

Some have told me it can break them, I've done it 5+ times with luck so far. :whistle:

DaniChildcare

I pull the canopy fabric to one side as far as it goes (exposing the middle portion where they connect) and then pull.

I kinda stick my finger nail in it to push the little connector piece down, if needed, but it usually pops apart (for me at least) pretty easily.

amyd

Success! I didn't break the canopy thingys either:thumbsup: I LOVE this cover:D

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic

photo2.jpg

geekKT

That's probably my favorite cover ever, I didn't use an infant seat but have a pack and play in the same pattern. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC