Bah! My kid is too tall to RF in the Radian before age 4

LEAW

Bah! My kid is too tall to RF in the Radian before age 4, and my straps are different lengths!

I've totally been in denial but I measured today, and there is way less than 1" above his head. I was really hoping to make it through the icy road season with him RF. He's only 34 lbs dressed, so I'm really bummed.

He's excited because it means he gets "upgraded" to the 3rd row. And that means access to a cup holder and little utility box.

Last edited:
ADS

Cryssy Jane

it happens, feel great that you made it this far. O was flipped 1 week before his 3rd bday because he had less than an inch above his head rf in the radian.

AmandaR

I wish the Radian worked in our car. DD's outgrown everything else. We ordered a MT. She's only 29 months though. 3.5 is great!

LEAW

So I brought it in to clean the crumbs out and rethread the harness, and the harness straps are different lengths! I've been automatically shifting his weight over to compensate for it in the seat, thinking that he was sitting off center, when really it was the seat that was the problem. There is almost a full inch of strap difference between the sides.

Grrr!!

So he's going to get a spare seat tomorrow while this one gets stuck in the corner until I hear how SKJP wants to fix it. Very not cool.

abigaylebelle

Have you tried checking where the straps come out by the hips? One time the harness got stuck in ds's radian xtsl when I unfolded it and I had to open the little door on the side to fix it. It was just sort of folded funny inside there but the straps were definitely different lengths. It was weird.
Oh and great job rf to the limits of the seat.:thumbsup:

mommyfrog

You guys have some tall or long torsoed kiddos there. My ds is almost 3 and still has inches to go. He's 34.5 pounds (fully geared up) and 38 inches. I think he would fit by height until 4.5 or 5, but only to around 4 by weight (40lb seat).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC