my speech

broken4u05

Ok as some have you have read i have been making a Butterfly garden for a little boy i used to take care of who passed away. Well i have to say something on sunday to 60 people and i want to know what you think of this. It is very sad i am just going to tell you it might make you cry i know i was crying writing it.

A few weeks ago when Naomi asked me to say something today I said yes thinking it would be no big deal. I loved Jake and I have so many memories of him and thinking of something to say would be easy. But it was not easy, each time I tried to think of what to say about Jake I could not think of anything that fit how much he changed my life. He was not just a little boy I took care of a few times a week, Jake and his family became so much more than that. They became my family and for that I want to thank Naomi. She always says how much I do for her but it is her that has helped me. If it was not for her trusting a 14 year old with one of the most important things in her life, her youngest son, my life would be different. Jake was the one that gave me the drive to work with special needs children and to help them as much as Jake has helped me. Because of Jake I no longer look at milestones in a child’s life as just something that each child does. Jake set his own milestones. Parents love to hear their child’s first cry when they are just born and it is such a happy time. Jake’s first cry was at a year old and that is something I will never forget. I miss giving him baths and seeing the smile on his face as his hands hit the water than dressing him another cute outfit so he would be ready to dance to the beach boys with me. I miss feeding him his bottles while reading to him just holding him in my lap. The last time I saw Jake was the saddest memory of all and I will never forget it. He was in the hospital and I was there with my family but after a little while I had to tell them I wanted to be alone. As I was standing there next to the most important two year old in my life I talked to him and just by a few looks I knew this was for the best. He came into this world and changed the lives of many people and it was his time to go. As I was standing there the nurse walked in and hung up drawings that Jeremy and Jessi had made for Super Jake and all I could do was cry but not all of my tears where tears of sadness. They where also joy for all that he had taught me when I thought I was teaching him. All the memories I have of Jake have come back to me as I have worked on this garden and at times I have to stop because I could not see past time tears I had in my eyes. I miss Jake so much and I am glad we now have this garden to always remember him and so others can also know how great of a little boy he really was. I love you Jake

ADS
Well, it touched my heart. I'm certain it will also touch those who knew and loved Jake. I'm so sorry for your (and their) loss. :(

broken4u05

Thanks everyone. I never really have had to think about his death till now. It is very upseting to think about that i try not to. Making the garden has made me think about it and it is helping me but it is also making me cry a lot. I do not know how i am going to say this on sunday. I just read it on the phone to one of my friends and i started crying again. Well i will post photos soon and tell you what happened as well.

JaRylan

Kristina, it sounds wonderful, thank you for sharing. I'll be thinking of you on Sunday. Yes, I am crying too.

broken4u05

My mom was asleep last night when i wrote it so i had her read it this morning and she cried so i think i like it. I might add another memory or something not sure but i am not going to change it. I like it the way it is.

Loves2sing

I think it sounds great. I also think your idea of adding another memory would be really good too, if you can choose a favorite. You probably will cry when giving your speech, but just know that everyone there, and here btw, is supporting you, and will not mind you crying. Your tears will show your sincerity, and don't be embarrassed or ashamed for even a second. I am so sorry for your loss.

Suzibeck

I think what you wrote is very touching! Before I had kids, I worked for 5 years with children with severe multiple impairments many of whom were medically fragile. It is amazing how they touch your life, and so sad when they leave you behind.

(((Hugs))) Sorry for the loss you have suffered, but thankful for the experiences you had with Jake.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC