CL - 15 yo seat / wrote seller

trailrunnermom

The listing is for a Fisher-Price T-shield, circa early 90's (I had one for my older DD who's now 15). Here's the listing: http://richmond.craigslist.org/bab/323480964.html

Hopefully it will be flagged down. This is what I sent the seller:

"Hi,
I've never written anyone before concerning a used car
seat, but I felt that I had to write and let you know
that the Fisher-Price car seat listed on Craigslist is
dangerously (if not fatally) too old to use. This is
the same style of car seat I used for my daughter, who
is now 15 years old. Car seats typically expire after
six years, as the plastic degrades. I've seen a video
of a crash test with a 10-year-old car seat and the
harness just rips out of the plastic and the child
flies loose. Also, this style with the T-shield is no
longer made due to injuries caused by the T-shield
(they even have a name for it: "shield slap").

I hope that you'll consider removing the listing. You
may also find that the ad might be flagged
down--sometimes this happens when expired car seats
are listed.

I hate to see things go to the landfill, and often
list things on Freecycle if they don't sell on
Craigslist, but a 15-year-old car seat would be better
off in the landfill.

Thank you for your time,

A concerned mom"

Hope the seller takes it well.

ADS

trailrunnermom

You are probably seeing the cached version from your PC. If you F5 the page, you'll see that it isn't there.;)

D'oh! :eek:

Thanks for pointing that out! I've confirmed on the actual listing page, too, that it's gone. Thanks so much!

Skaterbabs, next time, I'll also mention that they can donate the seat for CPS training.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC