WM car seat display

wvmommy007

So, I was looking at my WM today for cheap seats. Of course, no luck! Anyway, I was excited to see they had made room for new stuff. They only had the red/black/grey GN and the fugly tannish Onside Air. They had a tag up for the MR in Mavo, but still had Edgemont Dots on display. They also had no Scenera on display, but had 2 tags and holes. What are they for you might wonder? ComfortSports! :thumbsdown: So, now, the convertible choices are Evenflo Tributes???, ComfortSports, Onside Air, Safety 1st 3-in-1, and the MR. I don't find the CrappySport an acceptable replacement for the cheaper, and IMO better (as in longer lasting, not necessarily safer), Scenera.

What does your WM have? And why can't I get a local Target? :(

ETA: My WM has more than what I listed. I only named convertibles, as that's what I always shop for.
It has 2 Evenflo buckets, and a Graco. Several 40 lb. harness to booster seats Cosco and Evenflo, I think. 2 Evenflo Big Kid HB boosters, 2 Turbo HBs, 2 NB Turbos, and 4 Lite Riders are the boosters I can remember.

I can't wait to see Mavo in person. :)

Last edited:
ADS

SignCuer

Mine has ComfortSports, GNs, Graco TB (both back and backless), Cosco Pronto, LiteRider, MyRide, tons of Sceneras (that's where I get to give parents if they can't afford seats), Complete Air, Onside Air, Cosco harnessed booster, Chase, AO 3 in 1 (50 lb version) Tribute, Titan, Cosco and Evenflo infant seats, Graco infant seat with back adjuster

Cryssy Jane

faithfulorangekids said:
Mine has ComfortSports, GNs, Graco TB (both back and backless), Cosco Pronto, LiteRider, MyRide, tons of Sceneras (that's where I get to give parents if they can't afford seats), Complete Air, Onside Air, Cosco harnessed booster, Chase, AO 3 in 1 (50 lb version) Tribute, Titan, Cosco and Evenflo infant seats, Graco infant seat with back adjuster

I was just there yesterday and this is about what mine has too. Although much point out that neither of the GNs had the headrest on and because of that it took me a double take to figure out what they were. :whistle: Needless to say when I left they were complete. Also a clearanced CA 65 at $135.00 with a target sticker on it.

KristineML

My WM in Canada had a Cosco 3-1, Scenera in pink and brown, Evenflo Titan, On Side Air, Avenue, and a few Evenflo FF/booster seats. A few no back boosters and Baby Trend infant seats. The section doesn't seem to be full though so hopefully there is new stuff on the way.

christineka

My wm has: rear adjust discovery, rear-adjust snugride 22

tribute, scenera, triumph advance, safety 1st 3 in 1, cosco 3 in 1, the nautilus in grey and bubblegum pink right in between the other 3 in 1s.

cosco hbb, chase, summit

evenflo big kid, hb turbo

amp in 2 colors, backless turbo in 2 colors, literider in 4 colors, ambassador (I think) in 1 color, and the new harmony in red and black.

I'm just jealous of all of you who get the myride in your store. Ours took years to get the nautilus, so perhaps we may get it in sometime.

ConnorsMommy

I don't remember everything that the Walmart I went to recently had, but I know that they had the Scenera, MyRide, a pink Cosco FF 5point with only 2 harness slots, the Evenflo Big Kid, hbb Turbobooster, a few Safety First seats, ComfortSports (why does Graco make those in cuter prints than the MyRide!?:confused::rolleyes:) ,some backless boosters and a few other seats. It's sad because the majority of the seats that are sold there aren't going to last most kids to a safe booster age, so encourage parents to booster 2-3 year old kids. Of course, since the backless boosters are cheaper, most parents will go with that. Sadly, most people who buy seats at Walmart (not dissing people who shop at Walmart- I shop there too)do not know much about car seat safety and will just go with the cheaper option or the one with the cutest cover. No wonder all the infants I saw in infant seats Wednesday were not buckled up right.:(

ETA: they also have the Nautilus in a girly print and a neutral print.

amelia222

Mine doesn't have the MR anymore, so convertible choices are now: 40rf scenera, onside air, 3-in-1, a CA in box but none on display, crappysport, and titan.

Then there is the chase, some dorel harness/booster seats, hb and backless boosters, dorel backless boosters.

Infant seats are babytrend, and a rear adjust designer 22. then there are all the travel systems with rear-adjust seats.

I have been known to casually hang out in the wm car seat section for long periods of time and help clueless parents. I love explaining erf like its just how things are done. "so after that infant seat is outgrown by height or weight, you'll need a converible seats like one of these to keep you baby rf until at least 2, then you get a harness seat, then a hbb at around 5-6 years old" "those backless boosters are for big kids, like 8 or older" hehehehe. "and here's info on the next seat check in the area and websites to visit if you have more questions"

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
My walmart cleared out all the Sceneras, don't know what happened to them one day they were there the next they weren't. Replaced them with Evenflo Tributes. The only convertibles they have now are the Tributes and the MyRide (and it is still edgemont dots).

momtoo3

I went to 2 different WMs today. Between the 2 there were 3 buckets (evenflo, graco, and another cheaper one) and the following convertibles: Scenera, Tribute, Comfort Sport, MR, Safety 1st all in one. The combinations were GN, Cosco, Chase. They had more HBBs now. They had the new Evenflo Big Kid Sport (looked nice but the armrests don't pivot,) original Big Kid, Pronto, Safety First Air Protect. Then LB turbo and Literider. I could be missing something.
The Titan was clearanced for $71 and a bunch of Safety 1st travel systems for $82 and $104. There was also a backless cosco ambassador for $12.
The baby trend tag a long and baby trend jogger were marked down to $74.

christineka

I was there today with no kids, so I could spend time with the car seats. Things have changed.

They have a daisy nautilus on display, but I verified with two regular employees and a manager that there were no more. (Why the display?) At least the manager would not sell the display:thumbsup:

There were three matrix nautiluses in boxes for $145.

I asked one of the employees if they were clearing out the nautiluses and she responded that graco was going out of business. I told her I didn't believe it. I asked the manager and she said they were just clearing out for the new covers. I suggested that the nautiluses be put next to all the other combination seats, rather than with the convertibles. She said she would pass that suggestion along. She has a nautilus for her dd and knows that it is only forward facing.

The safety 1st 3 in 1 was on sale for $99 (there was only one and no display)

Scenera is down to $35. Pink was on display, but only a bunch on black were in stock. They rf to 35 pounds.

There was one comfortsport in a box. There was no display tag.

Then the black tribute was on display and there were a few for sale. $49

Then there were the chase in cute and not cute, the summit, and the cosco hbbs.

No more graco hbb. Just the evenflo hbb, the cosco pronto, and the evenflo hbb with new, more plush covers. Four colors of graco backless boosters and four harmony literider covers.

steph_s

Guess I have the weird walmarts.

Infant seats are mostly graco (front adjusters) and super ugly evenflo that most wont pick. The evenflo infant seats get clearanced all the time due to them not selling.

Convertibles; no crappy sport in sight. One 3in1, the 35lb scenera, two or three different patterns of myrides depending which store and complete airs which dont seem to be selling as well as I would expect because it looks nicer and is the same price as the 3in1.

Boosters/combo; two different nauti, hb turbo, big kid, amp, and harmony hbb and nbb. No more cosco combo that makes a bad booster.

Too bad my target is sooo bad with seats because wm and target is where most shop around here. Target has onboard 35 and an evenflo infant seat, crappy sports in super adorable covers, scenera 40 but not on display they are just in the bag on the floor, 1 nauti, 1 hb turbo, 4 different no back turbos and 2 amps.

lovemybabies924

my walmart has the daisy(i think) natilus in the spots where the evenflo convertibles are supposed to go and the tag says $45..if i didnt have the baby in my arms i would have price checked them and hoped haha

Squeaky McMurdo

Our nearest WM is pathetic. The only car seats I've ever seen on display are Evenflos. I noticed there were some Sceneras in their bags and a boxed OnBoard Air last time I went down that aisle, but you have to be looking really hard.:thumbsdown:

wvmommy007

I saw today that they finally have some cheap seats like I'd been reading about in the shopping forum. Nothing I want or need (gasp!), but I'm glad to see some bargains here. They had a Graco bucket for $49 and a Graco Flip It travel system system for $100. They had another cheap travel system extra cheap. They had some backless Turbos near the clearanced Graco Buckets, but I didn't price check them for fear I would want to buy one, or all 3. :eek:

monica-m

CPST Instructor
While it is nice that they have those inexpensive options, those infant seats are all rear-adjust :thumbsdown: and are mostly likely to be horribly loose with baby in them. I really wish Graco would do away with their rear-adjust infant seats altogether.

wvmommy007

While it is nice that they have those inexpensive options, those infant seats are all rear-adjust :thumbsdown: and are mostly likely to be horribly loose with baby in them. I really wish Graco would do away with their rear-adjust infant seats altogether.

Me too, but infant seats get used about 6 months here, generally. Then baby gets a big boy/girl car seat so they can see everything. Plus, you know, their legs are too long anyway. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC