Outgrown RF?

poohbearkrazy

I decided to try the Marathon 70 as a last ditch effort to keep DS rf. I'm pretty sure it's a no go :(. What do you think.

P1020748.jpg

P1020750.jpg

Just because he's cute :love:

P1020753.jpg

ADS

hrice

Looks outgrown to me. From the side it looks like his head is level with or slightly above the shell.

Aurezalia

Definitely outgrown. :(
But curious, why would that be your last-ditch effort? Getting a CA or RN would make more sense. The MA70 has a notoriously short shell. Why not try something taller?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Definitely outgrown. :(
But curious, why would that be your last-ditch effort? Getting a CA or RN would make more sense. The MA70 has a notoriously short shell. Why not try something taller?

This. Do you have an installation issue in your vehicle? OR a puzzling situation? Why would a short shelled seat like the MA be your "last ditch effort"??

poohbearkrazy

Yeah, we have a XTsl but it's not working out in the van where we need it to. When he sits in it, it over reclines :(. We have tried the CA and the MR both also. He cries and says that the CA hurts his back and he is very cramped in the MR. I "think" we might just hold on to this seat anyway. He absolutely loves it :love:. Unfortunately he doesn't have much room to grow FF either, but we have friends who we can pass it down to when he outgrows it. He refused to get out of it after I took the pics and is now sitting in it sound asleep. I tried to unbuckle him and he started crying and said "no my seat" :D. We also have the cow frontier 85 and he likes that one too but he seems to have fallen in love with this one. It's no wonder though, he looks so comfortable :love:.

Aurezalia

How much does he weigh? I'd try the TF if he's on the lighter side. It's really tall, and it does have the 35lb RF limit - but he looks like a string bean! :)

poohbearkrazy

How much does he weigh? I'd try the TF if he's on the lighter side. It's really tall, and it does have the 35lb RF limit - but he looks like a string bean! :)

LOL I actually just sold our TF.

He is 38 pounds. He was 41 pounds at Christmas time but he has been sick and has lost a little bit of weight. He is 42 inches tall with a 15.5 inch torso. He turned 3 in January so I'm not real worried about having him FF, I just thought I would give it one last shot. I've seen people say that the MA 70 is one of those mysterious seats that makes your child shrink. I'll try it in the car, but I don't see there being enough of a difference to matter.

Aurezalia

Yeah, it's definitely outgrown, he's above the shell, installing won't make enough of a difference. Drat, guess it is time to flip! :(
But you're right, at 3 it's not a huge deal anymore. :)

Kat_Momof3

those eyes! the dimples! the curls! the SMILE!! :love::love::love:

don't you DARE sell HIS seat... you let that sweet little boy ride in HIS seat until he outgrows it... and then get him whatever next seat (that of course fits him) his little cuteness desires.

(did I mention how absolutely adorable he is?? He's just SOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUTE!!!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC