rfing 2nd row seats touching front seats? 2006 model year.

love-pink

I didnt want to derail the other thread with this same issue. I have an 06 Envoy XL and a Graco Smart Seat right now. I plan on getting a Scenera as a back up the next time Target has a sale.

Does my vehicle have advanced airbags?? Does GMC allow the seats touch the driver/passenger seats? What would qualify as "touching" and then what would make it "bracing"? :confused::confused:

ADS

love-pink

Geeze, thanks. Ive read my manual quite a few times and just looked it over again. Nothing about carseats touching front seats, just where and where not to install them. I know there is a ton of info thats not in the manuals, thats why I asked. ;)

DahliaRW

Geeze, thanks. Ive read my manual quite a few times and just looked it over again. Nothing about carseats touching front seats, just where and where not to install them. I know there is a ton of info thats not in the manuals, thats why I asked. ;)

If it's not in the manual you're fine. Every car I've seen that prohibits it says so in the manual. :)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Do you have a light on the dash that says, "Passenger airbag on/off"? If not, then you don't have advanced airbags.

Wendy

love-pink

There is not an adjustable on/off switch like in my husbands 06 silverado but there is a spot that lights up in my rear view mirror saying its off when no one is sitting in the passenger seat. :confused:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So yes, you have advanced airbags. It wouldn't give you the option to turn it off. But if there are no restrictions in the airbag section of your manual then the sensor won't be affected by something touching them.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
If you can get your hand or a piece of paper between them they're gently touching, even if you don't see light between them.

Bracing is if they're shoved together. You're not getting anything between them.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC