How do you feel about this?

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
Plastic being used in the crotch buckles like the Coccoro and Peg Perego have. My friend gave me her Peg Perego infant seat to use when DS was a baby but I never felt like the plastic crotch buckle would hold as well in a collision as opposed to the metal buckles on a Graco or Britax.

Whats your opinion?

Now I know all car seats pass the same standards, etc. however I'm just wondering what your personal opinions are.

ADS

Dillipop

I have no concerns. If they weren't safe, they wouldn't have passed the testing. There have been enough seats on the market with plastic buckles, that if it were a real life issue, I think we would have heard about it.

Pixels

Plastic buckles don't bother me. In fact, I have a slight preference for them, as they are less likely to cause burns than the metal ones. Either way, it's not a factor at all in my seat decision process.

Splash

The harness in a rf seat bears very little weight anyway.
Besides, the whole seat is plastic already.

Baylor

The first thing that pops into my head is NO WAY... It just sounds less safe... But like you said they are tested and have to meet standards. I think if they had any issue they would have been yanked.. that being said, I like that MY GN's have metal buckles.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC