High capacity vehicle, which one to choose?

Laurette

A friend of mine has infant triplets, a 7 year old, a 3 year old and a 20 year old and a 16 year old. The older two are not allways with her but she would like to have more kids.

What would you pick? What do you have? What are the options?

She needs lots of trunk space for strollers, ect.

TIA

ADS

skitle1802

As much as I don't like the "look" of the Sprinter, I think I agree with pp. You can find 9 seat Suburbans/Yukon XL/Expeditions but it would be a tight squeeze and less cargo space.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
How young are the triplets? I mean, will it be a few years at least before she has any more? If so, the older 2 may have their own vehicles by then and perhaps even be living on their own. So, she may not need to consider room for them if she's wanting something a little smaller and less money. The older ones could always drive their own vehicle(s) when joining the family.

npauli

If I could swing it, I'd buy a Dodge Sprinter.

+2

They won't have the gizmos of a regular passenger vehicle, but have gobs of room (seat 12 or so, IIRC) and great fuel economy for the size. I think both high roof and standard roof are options.

They changed from a 5 cyl to V6 (both diesel) somewhere around 2007 - I don't know anything about either engine, but it would be worth a quick look to see if one is more desirable than the other.

They were sold with Dodge, Mercedes, and I think Freightliner badges.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC