how is this belt fit?

downsize48-2.jpg

this is the harmony backless from walmart.. I am trying to find something that will work for Dec, so I can just Give Fiona the vivo and let Julianna go backless (I had said she could when she was 9.. but honestly she is almost out of the back on the turbo so we are close to needing to go backless at least in DH's car) The turbo prooved to be an awful fit backless.. so we decided to try this 13.50 backless harmony from walmart.. honestly I want it to work so badly cause DH and I are trying really hard to be frugal. Otherwise I will be buying another vivo when Fiona goes into a booster full time.. at 6

I can move it over on the seat all the way against the side, it is pretty much there already though.. It could go like another scootch over but barely.. oh and the clip makes the fit awful on the shoulder belt.. the lap belt is beautiful

ADS

tiggercat

I don't like it. The shoulder belt looks like it is sliding off of her shoulder at rest, in a crash, I think it would slip right off.

jess71903

Ambassador
What vehicle is that? It just looks to me like the shoulder belt is coming from in front of her instead of up and back. I think that's what looks weird to me.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The fit's not great, but it might be barely acceptable as long as the shoulder belt is in contact with her sternum. I'd be OK with it if it was your only option, but I think using a high back to help fill in the gap between her and the shoulder belt until she gains a little more mass would be a good idea.

that is fine if it isn't good then I will return it.. lol I will try it in DH's car first.. The Turbo was way worse.. I guess she needs the back on the booster to make it fit properly, so she will need the vivo till she is out of a booster (though that is looking like it will happen sooner than I thought by 10 I bet)

is the Pro booster taller than the vivo.. maybe I will save up and get one of those instead so I can be assured she can booster past 10 just in case we do not have a proper belt fit by then

We have a kia sorrento 2011 She rides 3rd row.. her sister and brother have to sit in the second row cause Fiona needs tether hooks (no tether hook back there) and Nolan is rear facing and there isn't enough space to rear face. When Fiona goes full time into a booster in Dec, (we are just making the switch at 6 cause she is more than mature enough, she is just skinny, she had to ride in a booster once recently for the first time and was like model booster child)

I want her in the vivo though when she is full time boostered, and will just switch their spots if need be

The fit's not great, but it might be barely acceptable as long as the shoulder belt is in contact with her sternum. I'd be OK with it if it was your only option, but I think using a high back to help fill in the gap between her and the shoulder belt until she gains a little more mass would be a good idea.
yea it isn't the only option just wanted the frugal option to work out lol

downsize40-1.jpg

this was the turbo backless with out the adjuster
downsize41-1.jpg
this is with the adjuster (turbo backless)
this is regular seatbelt no booster
downsize43.jpg

I couldn't believe how close it was to being acceptable

so to me the harmony looks a lot better at least than the turbo

yes their are head rests, they are gum drop shaped and hidden by her head lol

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Uh, the fit with no booster at all is quite a bit better than with the NBB. Honestly, I would rather see her in just the seat belt if a HBB is not an option.

Uh, the fit with no booster at all is quite a bit better than with the NBB. Honestly, I would rather see her in just the seat belt if a HBB is not an option.
I know right.. I just feel like she is so young.. 8.5 that just seems so young for no booster.. I never imagined having her in an adult seatbelt till at least 10

I am sticking with the high back anyways.. I think I might go the most expensive route and do a probooster.. that way she is assured a proper belt fit for a long long time (she has 2 clicks to go on her vivo.. but I want a cushion.. just in case..

Kat_Momof3

I could have sworn I posted a reply... clearly, I must have not had it go through.

The seatbelt definitely is the better choice... but I agree, if she fits a highback, I'd opt for it because of her age... the booster gives artificial hips... I've left my kids in them till they're about to outgrow... then I do a transition.

ETA - what concerns me a little, though, is how the seatbelt will fit her as she gets older... methinks you may need that belt-adjuster that attaches to the vehicle seat back

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC