LISTING of Carseats Available in Canada

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Here is a New Updated list of carseats currently available in Canada.
This is just a starting point, please research and try seats to see if they meet your needs.

*Top Harness Slot and Harness slot info has been provided but may vary depending on the vehicle it is installed in. They are approximate.

**All carseats are safe if they fit the child, install properly in your vehicle and are used correctly every time.

***There are options for a reason. Not all carseats will fit every child and every vehicle perfectly. One person's favorite seat can be another person's least favorite.

If you have questions please feel free to start a new thread.

Infant Seats:
THS = Top Harness Slot {approximately}
HS = Harness Slots
{approximately}

Baby Trend Loc Flex HS 7-1.75”
5-22lbs

Britax Chaperone HS 6.25-11.3”
4-22lbs

Chicco KeyFit
4-22 lbs.

Combi Centre HS 7.5-10”
5-22lbs

Combi Centre ST/DX:
5-22lbs

Cosco OnBoard
4-22lbs

Cosco Designer22,Eddie Baur Infant seat HS 9.5-12”
5-22 lb.

Cosco SureFit
4 to 22 lbs and up to 29" tall
Note: Toys R Us website states the minimum weight limit as 5lbs, but it is actually 4lbs.

Evenfo Embrace HS 5-9.5”
5-22 lb.

First Years Via (only available in travel system at Zellers):
4-22lb.

Graco 32/35 HS 7-11”
5-32/35 lb.
(Snugride 32 has 32lb max weight limit check your seat)

Graco Snugride HS 8-10.5”
5-22 lb.

ORBIT BABY G2 Car Seat & Base HS 8-12"
up to 22 pounds

Primo Viaggio SIP HS 7.5-10.5”
Maximum weight limit: 22 lbs
Maximum height limit: 30 inches.

Quinny/Maxi-Cosi:
5-22 lb.

Safety 1st Infant seat HS 9.5-12”
5 to 22 lb

Last edited:
ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Re: Carseats available in Canada

Here is a list of convertible and combination seats currently available in Canada.
This is just a starting point, please research and try seats to see if they meet your needs.

*Top Harness Slot and Harness slot info has been provided but may vary depending on the vehicle it is installed in. They are approximate.

**All carseats are safe if they fit the child, install properly in your vehicle and are used correctly every time.

***There are options for a reason. Not all carseats will fit every child and every vehicle perfectly. One person's favorite seat can be another person's least favorite.

If you have questions please feel free to start a new thread.

Convertible Seats and Combination Seats:
THS = Top Harness Slot {approximately}
HS = Harness Slots
{approximately}

Britax Advocate CS HS 9-16.5"
Rear Facing 5 - 35 lbs
Forward Facing 1 year & 20 to 65 lbs

Britax Boulevard/Boulevard CS (Click'n Safe) (aka BV/BV CS) THS @ 16.5"
Rear Facing 5-40lbs
Forward Facing 1yr & 20lbs -65lbs

Britax Roundabout 55 HS 9-15.75”
Rear Facing 5-40lbs
Forward Facing 1yr & 20lbs -55lbs

Britax Frontier HS 12-20”
25lbs (& 2years) -65 pounds
40-100 pound belt positioning booster seat.

Note: The Frontier has a 2yr AND 25lb minimum requirement. A child must meet both before the seat can be used.

Britax Marathon (aka MA) HS: 9-16.75”
Rear Facing 5-40lbs
Forward Facing 1yr & 20lbs -55lbs

Compass/The First Years True Fit (aka TF) THS: 17.5 to 18" (measurements have varied slightly, manufacturer info indicates 18")
5 to 35lbs rf'ing weight limit, 23 to 65lbs ff'ing.

Cosco Scenera HS 7.5-15"
Rear facing 5-40lbs
Forward facing 22-40lbs

Dorel/Cosco/Eddie Bauer 3 in 1 (akaAOE) HS 10.5- 17.5"
Rear facing for children 5-35lbs.
forward facing with harness for 22 - 50lbs.
Converts to belt-positioning booster seat for kids 40-100lbs.

Evenflo Generations HS 12-16.5"
Internal harness 20-47 lbs.
Auto seat belts 40-100 lbs.

Evenflo Maestro THS: 18"
Forward facing 20 to 47lbs
Booster 40 to 100lbs.
* Note that the booster mode is outgrown around the same time as the harness height

Evenflo Symphony THS: 16"?
Rear facing 5 to 30lbs
Forward facing 20 to 65lbs
Booster 40 to 100lbs

Evenflo Traditions/Chase/Vision HS: 12.3-16.8"
forward facing only
for toddlers 20-47 lb use harness system
for children 40-80 lb., use as a booster seat with the vehicle's lap and shoulder belts

Evenflo Titan HS 8.3-15.5”
rear facing for infants 5-30 lb.
forward facing with harness for children 20-47 lb.

Evenflo Triumph Advance (aka EFTA) THS: 17"
Rear-facing for infants 5-30 lbs
forward-facing for toddlers 20-47 lbs.

Graco MyRide THS: 17"
rearward facing 5lbs - 40lbs
forward facing 22 - 65lbs

Graco Comfortsport HS 8.5-14.5"
rear facing for newborns weighing 5-30 lb.
forward facing for toddlers weighing 20-40 lb.

Graco Nautilus THS: 18.25 "
forward facing only
5-pt. harness system from 20-65 lb.
high-back belt positioning booster from 40-100 lb.
backless booster for 40-100 lb.

Safety 1st Apex HS 10-17"
forward facing only
for toddlers 22-65 lb use harness system
for children 40-100 lb., use as a booster seat with the vehicle's belt system

Safety 1st Complete Air THS @ 18.5"
Rear facing 5 to 40lbs and up to 36"
Forward facing from at least 1yr old AND 22lbs to 50lbs.

Safety 1st Enspira HS 9.5-15.5
rear facing for 5-30 lb (new ones may go to 35lbs RF; please check the label on the seat)
forward facing with harness for 22-40 lb.
forward facing as belt positioning booster for 40-80 lb.

Safety 1st Vantage Point HS 10.5-15
forward facing only
for toddlers 22 to 40 lb use harness system

Sunshine Kids Radian 65 (aka RN) HS 9-18"
Rear facing 5 to 40lbs and up to 44"
Forward facing 22 to 65lbs

Sunshine Kids Radian Premier
HS 9-18"
Rear facing 5 to 45lbs and up to 44"

Sunshine Kids Radian XT 2010 HS 9-18"
Rear facing 5 to 45lbs

***Please Note: Information on Radian models has changed numerous times in the last few years. Information in this post is based on current models. Consult your own seat and manual for the correct weight and height limits of your seat. The seats HAVE undergone structural and part changes that allow it to accommodate the higher weight limits.***

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Re: Carseats available in Canada

Here is a list of booster seats currently available in Canada.

Booster Seats:

Apramo backless booster
40 to 100 lb (18 to 45 kg)

Britax Parkway SG/SGL
40 to 120 pounds as backless or full-back booster

Clek Olli
Children whose height and weight are between 40-50 in./101-145 cm. and are 40-100 lbs./18-45 kg

Combi Kobuk
Can be used with or without the backrest 40-100 lbs.

Cosco High Rise Backless booster
forward-facing only for children 40-80 lb.

Dorel Vista High Back Belt Positioning Booster
booster for children 40-80 lbs
ages 4 1/2 and up

Evenflo BigKidBooster
forward-facing only for children 40-100 lb.

Graco Turbo Booster
forward-facing for children 40-100 lb.

Graco TurboBooster Backless
forward facing only for children 40-100 lb. and 40-57" tall

Harmony LiteRider
40-100 lbs (18-45 kg)

Learning Curve Compass 505 & 530
40 to 100 lbs. and between 33 - 57 inches tall

Maxi Cosi Rodi
40-100 lbs

Sunshine Kids Monterey
40 to 120 lbs
Up to 63" in height

Last edited:

Mommy090804

I was replying to a thread last evening, and noticed that the booster list was incomplete:

Compass B505C and another model (530??) booster
Maxi Cosi Rodi

I am sure there are others, since there are so many seats available now. Thanks for organizing the list. It is very useful for everyone, since carseat needs and availability change often.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Does anyone know if the Combi infant seat is still being made for the Canadian market? I know the Combi DX seats that were at BRU last year had a DOM from 2008 or some crazy thing, it was the reason they were so cheap... I'm not sure if they're still making them for up here or not?

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Harmony whateveritscalled (backless)

Aparmo somethingortheother
Posted via Mobile Device

So, i've added the harmony youth booster and the aparmo backless booster. I couldn't find any other names for them :confused:

I was replying to a thread last evening, and noticed that the booster list was incomplete:

Compass B505C and another model (530??) booster
Maxi Cosi Rodi

I am sure there are others, since there are so many seats available now. Thanks for organizing the list. It is very useful for everyone, since carseat needs and availability change often.
I cannont fine the compass B505 or the 530 anywhere. Is it still being made?

Does anyone know if the Combi infant seat is still being made for the Canadian market? I know the Combi DX seats that were at BRU last year had a DOM from 2008 or some crazy thing, it was the reason they were so cheap... I'm not sure if they're still making them for up here or not?

I saw them on the combi.ca site so I added them but can take them off. I wasn't 100% positive so I added them and figured someone would let me know if they should be taken off.

Mommy090804

Yes, the B505C is being sold at WalMart. The DOMs were fairly recent, but I haven't looked specifically at the DOMs in the last 2-3 months.

I know that the B530C (please correct me on the exact number if I am wrong) was being sold at Zellers, and was fairly new to the Canadian market about a year ago (?). However, we all know that the older DOMs that are often found at Zellers.

Yes, I am not sure about the Rodi either and was wondering if it is still being made. I have seen them for sale as recently as one week ago, but only at the Bay and Sears with older DOMs.

Is it the Harmony Literider? I haven't seen it, but you might want to check the carseat data and measurements forum for an ID.

Thanks again for taking the time to update the list.

Last edited:

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Yes, the B505C is being sold at WalMart. The DOMs were fairly recent, but I haven't looked specifically at the DOMs in the last 2-3 months.

I know that the B530C (please correct me on the exact number if I am wrong) was being sold at Zellers, and was fairly new to the Canadian market about a year ago (?). However, we all know that the older DOMs that are often found at Zellers.

There are no compass boosters on the Walmart site anymore. Can someone please verify if they see them at Walmart and at Zellers? I'm wondering if they are fading out.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I haven't been at walmart recently but I know the last time I was in they still had the Compass booster there.

The Rodi is still on the TRU website, but the DOM are very old - I don't think there's been a fresh shipment of them since they were carried instores - and those had 2008 DOM's on them. So I'm inclined to guess they're not being made anymore. But they're still in multiple stores from the sounds of it - just likely old stock.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC