Flipping

Splash

2y3m. I wanted to make it to may, but February it is.
He's 34 pounds, and I've grown to hate the ma with him. If there were a higher weight convertible out there that I liked FF, I'd give it a go. But since he is going to be FF by June anyway, I'm not doing it.
I might be able to trade my MA for a MR temporarily.... otherwise, it looks like FF Signo this weekend!

ADS

henrietta

2y3m. I wanted to make it to may, but February it is.
He's 34 pounds, and I've grown to hate the ma with him. If there were a higher weight convertible out there that I liked FF, I'd give it a go. But since he is going to be FF by June anyway, I'm not doing it.
I might be able to trade my MA for a MR temporarily.... otherwise, it looks like FF Signo this weekend!

Well, Splash, I had to turn my 2 yr old also a few months ago. Kinda stinks, but it's the best I can do. I don't have the $ to buy another seat and I'm not really so inclined anyhow, b/c I know I'm going to be irritated at the install in my van w/the current taller options. It's not even worth it.

:)

henrietta

msg221

I am also very anxious about having to flip Zain soon. I have been monitoring his weight very closely. I weighed him last weekend and naked, he is 31.2 lbs. He will be 3 in May so I am hoping to make it that long to keep him RF in the TFP. Right now I am debating whether to just get a FR85 for when he does go FF rather than flipping the TFP. But then I wonder how it will go over with his sister if he is FF and she is still RF. That little peanut still only weighs 24.4 lbs. naked and is 34" tall at 2 years, 9.5 months. I bet she could make it to 4 RF in the TFP. We'll see how she does in the MA70 she is in now.

Kat_Momof3

you have to tell yourself what I did when Ruthie was about the same age and hit the limit... you did the best you could... and that's SO much better than most people do... and he'll still be safer than most because his seat will be installed properly, tethered, and used properly every trip.

Mommy0608

I'm in the same boat with my DS. He's 32-33lbs in light clothes. Add boots, winter weight clothes, etc. and he's pretty much at the limit in his seat in DH's car. :( It sucks.

I do think the Recaro would be a good choice for FF, assuming it works well in your vehicle. I really wanted DD to ride in that when she turned FF but I just wasn't happy with the install in my van, plus she had no leg support, and for a super leggy string bean, that's no bueno.

When I saw the title of this thread, I totally pictured a bunch of fish flopping around on land. Flipping, flopping... same thing. Please don't ask me why. It's just been one of those days (weeks). :p

djma

He will definitely be comfy in his signo! DS2 loved his FF!! He loved his "pillows" :p

And of course, we'll need a picture to give our opinion on how cute he looks, um, I mean how safe he looks in the signo! LOL

cookie123

Ha. I weighed Matthew today and he was only 30. He had on no shoes and only a short sleeve t shirt. We're good for a bit I think. Of course I haven't had him in the car since December anyway. I might try to get DD to turn him back. Wish me luck!

Jennifer mom to my 7

Although it makes me twitch a little:eek: I get it. It makes me twitch, because I have my 4 year old still rear facing, and he is still so ... squishy? I can still bend him together into a ball:p

But, I have a radian, that works well in our vehicle right now. If I had not gotten the radian, he would have flipped just before 3. Now... I will be weighing both boys, to see who needs the radian rear facing more. sigh.

I had to flip #5, at just 2, as she was at the 33 pound limit, and almost at the 1 inch limit of her britax.

So, I will let it go!

henrietta

But then I wonder how it will go over with his sister if he is FF and she is still RF.

One ff'ing & one rf'ing is GREAT, as long as they aren't arguing. ;) My kids used to entertain each other really well that way-it worked out great. They were either side by side and "facing" each other or I put my forward facer in the middle of the third row and my rear facer in the second row. They played games and laughed...and threw things at each other!

henrietta

Splash

I'm missing the boys being able to see each other. I LOVE that they can look right at each other. I think Sam might hate FF for that reason, no more brother. :(

skitle1802

Wow, he's almost the same age as DD3, she'll be 2y3m in a week. She's in a XTSL and a MR and still hasn't tipped 30lbs. I turned DD2 a week after her 3rd birthday. They love looking at each other. I had problems with the MA rear facing, it was so hard to buckle over her chubby thighs.

FLmom

Why not sell the signo and marathon and buy a radian? Use it for a few months rear facing (it should install nice in your 5 right?) and then flip him forward when summer hits, since you think of the radian as a forward facing seat anyways ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC