Random thought..

MySillyKids

While i was at Speech for my 14 month old, i realized that the MASS population would benefit from having Higher harness weight seats if they were out in the public, like say BABIES r us, so people knew about them.

I'm not just talking about the Regent.

Thats probally why the masses of people we see (that havent seen the Kyle/Belle video's) are having their kids in boosers before 4/40#'s.

This is probally a DUH moment to the rest of you, but i wanna know WHY BRU, and local mass population stores dont carry Say the Radian, or the Apex, Let alone the Regent.

:soapbox:

LOL

(just thinking outloud)

ADS

supercrunch

BRU carries the apex, and our local Buy Buy Baby (which is the same size, if not bigger than BRU) carries the apex, regent, and radian...but I would be curious as to what the employees would say if a customer asked for advice in a "what should we buy next" scenerio.

It almost makes me want to go back to working at BRU like I did in college ;)

While i was at Speech for my 14 month old, i realized that the MASS population would benefit from having Higher harness weight seats if they were out in the public, like say BABIES r us, so people knew about them.

I'm not just talking about the Regent.

Thats probally why the masses of people we see (that havent seen the Kyle/Belle video's) are having their kids in boosers before 4/40#'s.

This is probally a DUH moment to the rest of you, but i wanna know WHY BRU, and local mass population stores dont carry Say the Radian, or the Apex, Let alone the Regent.

:soapbox:

LOL

(just thinking outloud)

i agree, although my reasons are lack of money and car space.
i didnt know about the regent until the kyle video actually , i plan on getting a radian or regent this wk or next for dd who is 5.
but i totally agree with you, it wouldnt hurt for stores to have something stating the benefits of extended RFing and harnessing past 40lbs.

BRU carries the apex, and our local Buy Buy Baby carries the apex, regent, and radian...but I would be curious as to what the employees would say if a customer asked for advice in a "what should we buy next" scenerio.

It almost makes me want to go back to working at BRU like I did in college ;)

i actually did ask a BRU associate when DD was 2.5 and too tall for her triumph , they reccomended the turbo booster...for a 2.5 yr old.:thumbsdown:

MySillyKids

i agree, although my reasons are lack of money and car space.
i didnt know about the regent until the kyle video actually , i plan on getting a radian or regent this wk or next for dd who is 5.
but i totally agree with you, it wouldnt hurt for stores to have something stating the benefits of extended RFing and harnessing past 40lbs.

The Apex is (onsale) for $99 all the time, its not THAT much more expensive then some boosters.

But yes i see the point.

amy919

Believe it or not, I have never seen a Regent or a Radian in real life. They don't carry them in any of the stores I've been to. I think I've seen the Apex once or twice, but that's about it. It's sad because when you go into a BRU store, it's laid out so that the infant seats are on one side, convertible seats another and boosters in the back. Other than the MA, DC and BLVD, it looks like all of the seats harness to 40 pounds and then you've got no choice but to move to a booster. I actually saw a couple a few weeks ago with a baby in an infant carrier in the booster section because they didn't see the point of getting a convertible when you can put a kid in a booster at 30 pounds. Yes, I said something;)

Amy

Loves2sing

I don't think it would even be worth asking an employee why they don't carry any HWH seats, because everytime I have been in any store that carries car seats, the employess NEVER know what they are talking about! Super annoying!

Maybe we should all start to email BRU, or TRU, Sears, Walmart, ect. to request that they start carrying seats like the Radian, and Regent. Cause you can bet your boots that a corporate responce to your question would be that there isn't a high enough market for those seats.

People would buy these seats a lot more often if they were readily available. If I had no idea about what seats did what, I still would have bought a Radian if I had come across one because it's the best deal out there, imo. It will last the longest for the price you pay.

Shelsy

Our target sells the Regent. It's the only HWH seat they sell. Our BRU sells Apex, but not Regent (I heard they might start carrying it). I'm up for an email campaign. I also know the employees, when they know anything, repeat what the mfrs tell them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC