Are these safe?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
No. They're not tested, they're not fire retardant, they're not Graco approved.

They are cute.

Wendy

StPaulMom

Adorable? Yes! Safe? No. If it doesnt come directly from the manufacture, made specifically for the seat, then it shouldnt be used.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Yeah, absolutely not.

However, the "suggested" things at the bottom had this infant seat weather cover, that I think is super cute (not that we're having more babies, or I ever carried the infant seat around, but still, the monkey one is stinkin cute. I see no safety issue with that, since you wouldn't be using it while driving regardless.

mamakc

Those are cute, but like PP's said, no go. :(

The infant cover just got me thinking... shouldn't those showercap style covers be fire retardant as well?

rachandsoph

:crying: I want them to be approved...DD1 would freak for the Ariel cover...Graco seriously needs to talk to this chick. Maybe she could become their new cover designer, at least for Spare covers to purchase:thumbsup:

babyherder

Someone should show Graco the boyish covers and explain this is what is meant by a fun boyish design. It does not mean more black or gray with a different color on the infant insert!

turtlemama

Maybe we should all send her a message to tell her to get in contact with Graco :whistle:

Also found this thing on Etsy when I typed in car seats

http://www.etsy.com/listing/6585170...eat&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

I think these are adorable! I don't know if they are safe or not though. I would assume they are since it doesn't interfere with install, but it might make people think it's fine to leave the handle up on buckets that are supposed to have them down. Hopefully no one has their kid covered like that in the car though.

I love those BabbaCo animal ones! Makes me want another baby, just so I can get a bucket and cover lol.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
That's fine. There are few seats that don't allow the handle up, but as you can see, it doesn't use the handle to stay up.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC