KIDSEmbrace Car seat save my son's life!

my3boyz

On Feb 6th I was driving with my 4 year old son in our SUV when I hit a patch of slush that sent us into a snow bank and rolled our SUV over. 3 weeks prior to the accident, I installed his new Dale Jr car seat from KIDSEmbrace. Had he been in his other booster seat, he would have been seriously injured or not even here with us today. I can not stress enough how amazing these seats from KIDSEmbrace are. I was so thankful that I posted a "thank you" note on their Facebook page. I was immediately contacted by their CEO who first and foremost was concerned and thankful for our well-being but also wanted to send us a new seat. They are also taking the seat that was in the accident back to their research facility so that they can see how the seat held up under the impact. Again, I am amazed by all of this. So amazed that I am on a mission to get the word out that this is by far the safest car seat I have ever seen let alone owned. They can be purchased at Walmart.com, jrnation.com and nascar.com just to name a few. The seat can be used from ages 1 and up and can fit 22-100 pounds. What a great investment to protect our little angels.

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm so glad your son wasn't hurt, and I'm happy that you had him properly restrained. A booster seat is usually not the best choice for a 4-year-old.

I know you're pleased with the way the seat performed, but please be careful about claiming that a seat is "the safest." There are many other seats on the market right now that would have likely performed just as well. All seats must pass the same testing, and beyond that we have no way of knowing what, if anything, is safer than anything else.

Last edited:

livsmum

I'm so happy to hear you're all OK - and that you're happy with how the company has responded.

I totally don't mean to be a downer, but any seat, if installed 100% correctly, and used 100% correctly should perform just as yours did. Sadly though, most are not installed/used correctly.

Kudos to you for doing what is right and once again, glad to hear you're all OK - it must've been scary.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am so glad your son is safe and neither of you were hurt in your accident.:thumbsup:

Like other cautioned though you don't know that *this* seat saved him nor that any other seat would have failed. All seats have to pass the same safety standards and I would bet money that any seat properly installed and properly used would have served your son the same.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I'm sorry if this sounds cold, but your post seriously sounds like an ad from the KIDSEmbrace company. I hope this is a true story because we love hearing stories of when kids lives are saved by a properly used seat. It sadly goes the other way too often. All seats pass the same safety standards so a child in a proper seat when used and installed correctly should perform the same as all other brands.

ETA: You also stated "The seat can be used from ages 1 and up and can fit 22-100 pounds." while this may be the approved age and weight for the seat it would not be the best or safest choice for a child of 1 year seeing as it does not rearface. Kids should remain rearfacing well past age 1, at least to age 2, ideally until they reach the height or weight limit of their convertible car seat.

Yoshi

I'm sorry if this sounds cold, but your post seriously sounds like an ad from the KIDSEmbrace company. I hope this is a true story because we love hearing stories of when kids lives are saved by a properly used seat. It sadly goes the other way too often. All seats pass the same safety standards so a child in a proper seat when used and installed correctly should perform the same as all other brands.

ETA: You also stated "The seat can be used from ages 1 and up and can fit 22-100 pounds." while this may be the approved age and weight for the seat it would not be the best or safest choice for a child of 1 year seeing as it does not rearface. Kids should remain rearfacing well past age 1, at least to age 2, ideally until they reach the height or weight limit of their convertible car seat.

Yes. I guess I am another skeptic here. Glad you are all safe.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Donning the moderator hat to remind all to please remember the purpose and goal of this public forum is to promote child passenger safety and raise best practice awareness. There is an educational opportunity here for all to put their best faces and accurate information forward toward that goal. Let's not lose sight of the countless guests and lurkers visiting here, who often outnumber the regulars who are logged in, and be respectful in posting to avoid turning off/away anyone seeking accurate child passenger safety information.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
On Feb 6th I was driving with my 4 year old son in our SUV when I hit a patch of slush that sent us into a snow bank and rolled our SUV over. 3 weeks prior to the accident, I installed his new Dale Jr car seat from KIDSEmbrace. Had he been in his other booster seat, he would have been seriously injured or not even here with us today. I can not stress enough how amazing these seats from KIDSEmbrace are. I was so thankful that I posted a "thank you" note on their Facebook page. I was immediately contacted by their CEO who first and foremost was concerned and thankful for our well-being but also wanted to send us a new seat. They are also taking the seat that was in the accident back to their research facility so that they can see how the seat held up under the impact. Again, I am amazed by all of this. So amazed that I am on a mission to get the word out that this is by far the safest car seat I have ever seen let alone owned. They can be purchased at Walmart.com, jrnation.com and nascar.com just to name a few. The seat can be used from ages 1 and up and can fit 22-100 pounds. What a great investment to protect our little angels.

Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! It is always great to hear stories validating that child restraint systems do protect children.

Aside from the fact that there is no justification for this model being "safest" or significantly different in terms of safety from any similar product, this is a great story. I think any parent would likely be willing to proclaim the virtues of the specific model and brand of child safety seat that may well have saved their child from serious injury.

We certainly don't want to discourage personal testimonials like this one. Obviously, we have had situations in the past where it has become apparent that they were simply a shill for a product, but let's please give the benefit of the doubt to the parent, who may well become a child passenger safety advocate!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
OP -- if you're still around, would you be willing to share a few pics of your vehicle post-accident? Also, how heavy is your son?

I think we're all interested here to see how various restraints perform. Unfortunately our view of this particular restraint has been tainted by history with its originator, making everyone inherently suspicious of posts singing its praises. It was my initial reaction, too, for which I apologize -- sometimes I think we get so wrapped up in our preconceived notions it's hard to give everyone a fresh chance.

Anyways, as the staff has said, our common goal here is to protect children. I'm thrilled to hear that your son was well-protected by his carseat in the accident. If you would like to share any further details, such as pictures, weight, or installation method (seatbelt/LATCH and was it tethered -- also was it used in harnessed mode?) it would allow us to have a better understanding of this particular restraint. It is new enough to the market that I'm not sure we have any "in real life" reports about it. And better understanding almost always leads to better choices. :)

Thanks!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I would encourage members to use the Report Post feature exclusively if you suspect a possible violation of forum guidelines, rather than respond in this manner to new members and guests. It is absolutely contrary to the goal of the forum to present such an unwelcoming environment to parents who very likely share the same interest in regard to protecting children from traffic related fatalities.

In the event that guidelines regarding member actions and advertising are not being followed, we will respond as quickly as possible.

mamakc

I am so glad you and your son were ok in the crash! Although I do agree that any properly installed & used seat likely would have performed the same, I can't help but think that I would feel the exact same amount of gratitude and loyalty to the seat that my child WAS in that you do. :) Welcome to the board. Might be a rough start, but I do hope you stick around.

For the skeptics, for what it's worth, this story IS on the kidsembrace FB page.

Yes. I guess I am another skeptic here. Glad you are all safe.
Me too but I will give her the benefit of the doubt lol...I am so glad everyone was ok.. but it was the fact that you installed his car seat properly and had him harnessed that saved him, not the particular brand of seat.

Wineaux

The OP also posted this on KidsEmbrace's Facebook page and does not appear to be in any way connected with the company. (Edited to remove erroneous info by me.) The President of the company actually responded to her, and offered her a free replacement seat, which I thought went above and beyond on the customer service front. Add them to my list of companies that Wineaux likes because of their customer service!

So affiliated with the manufacturer? No. Overly excited and effusive? Yes.

Last edited:

hrice

She did get the minimum FF weight limits and ages incorrect, as they are 30 lbs minimum FF weight, which is a HELL of a lot better than the piddly 20 lb min weight limits given by Evenflo and Dorel/Cosco/Eddie Bauer/Safety 1st and whatever other brand names they have under their umbrella selling the exact same seats at different price points.

You are incorrect. It has a 22# FF minimum. The 30 pounds is for booster mode.

Wineaux

I don't think anyone has said it is a bad seat at all. Just ugly and creepy lol.

I stand by my statement that if Mom's or car seat manufacturer accountants think that a boy cover looks creepy, then most assuredly almost every little boy will LOVE it! Find me a little boy who loves beige. They don't exist.

mykidsmylife

Seth wants SpongBob so bad. He wanted the Spiderman one as well. He is tiny and still has room to grow in the Scenera at age 4 so I wouldn't worry about him outgrowing this seat. For us this seat would be worthwhile and if I didn't already have 2 seats for him I would consider it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC