PICTURES: Side by side, Evenflo Big Kid Booster and Graco Turbo Booster

Chrissy

I had both of these in my possession today, so I decided to take some side by side pictures to compare these two cheap high back booster options.

Lowest setting. Notice that head wings on Turbo dip MUCH lower than the Big Kid.
1.jpg

Highest setting. Notice that the Pink Big Kid Booster lengthens at the waist area, and the Turbo lengthens at the shoulders.
2.jpg

Rear view in highest setting:
3.jpg

Back to back in highest setting. Compares head wing depth, height of arm rests (both are in highest position), straight back of Turbo and curved back of Big Kid.
4.jpg

Top view: Notice thickness of head wings - this is because the Turbobooster has foam covering the entire head wing area and the Big Kid is just plastic. Notice how the seat of the Turbo goes all the way up against the "seat back" (my couch), and the Big Kid sticks out because of the curved back. Also this causes the seat to be pushed further forward toward the front edge of the vehicle seat.
5.jpg

If anyone wants any other comparison photos let me know ASAP. The pink Big Kid booster is going to DD's friend tomorrow.

ADS

Baylor

Thanks!! I am thinking about another HBB that may be easier for DS1 to get into and that helped a lot. I am looking at both of them! Hoping I can get one on the BRU trade in!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I can see why the Big Kid is recommended for cars with forward-leaning headrests sometimes.

emandbri

Cool pix! Just a note in case anyone new is watching this thread some big kids do have foam but I don't know how much it would really help with the headrest being so small.

njkj

I am I the only one who HATES the hight adjustment being down at the lower back? I don't know why but it bugs the crap out of me and looks so uncomfortable.

Kat_Momof3

remember, the big kid seat pan sits a bit higher than the turbo... so they actually start out pretty similar in shoulder height.

also, that design of the back on the evenflo is to help with contoured vehicle headrests... and also give some recline and help fit sedan seats.

(just defending it cause it was the best choice for my dd's spare seat)

Oh... and if you want the eps foam, the dlx version has it.

But I agree, I like the headwings on the turbo better and the turbo is the more general best bet.

the big kid... it will depend on the kid and on the car.

Our cobalt has very SLIGHTLY tilted headrests that make the big kid fit SO much better.

I need to take some pics today or tomorrow. I haven't yet because the big kid isn't that recommended because the turbo is such a great go-to for booster recommendations... but I guess we need some more info on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC