Question Carseat for my 8 month old- Graco Nautilus 3-n-1, Britax Boulevard, or Cosco Scenera-also Britax RA50 vs. RA55 questions

CrystalandEva

Is the First Years True Fit the same as the Learning Curve True Fit or are those different carseats? So, you don't think kids really mind the carseats that have pretty unpadded seats? I wish we could get the Radian XL bc I've heard many suggest it but, I just don't think we have the money. So, do most of you think the MyRide, TrueFit, Evenflo's Triumph or Tribute are the best seat options for Eva considering what we're looking for? Are those all better than the Britax Roundabout then? We'd like longevity (especially rear facing), comfort for Eva, obviously a good safe seat. we are listening to everything you guys say and it has already helped us knock out some seats that we once thought would be good but now really don't sound like the best. Thanks again for all your help and experienced advice! -Crystal

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They really don't notice. It's hard to be really uncomfortable when you way little more than a bag of flour. hehe Plus a diaper under you.

But yes, the First Years and Learning Curve and Compass are all the same company.

Those seats all sound like they'll work for you. Don't worry about a seat that's outside of your budget. They've all passed the same testing.

Wendy

CrystalandEva

Thank you all so much for your suggestions! And, it's good to know that kids don't mind the seats being a little less padded, too. I didn't know that. My husband and I are trying out the Graco myRide and it seems to work rf so far well. How does it do in the Honda Civics forward facing? How long do you think we will be able to rear face my daughter in it, as that's really important to me? Thanks! Britax's Roundabout was on sale for the same price as the MyRide ($129) and we saw the marathon classic there for only $30 more but, because you said we can actually rear face longer in the MyRide and a few others, we decided against going for a Britax. Do you think that was a good choice?

Last edited:

CrystalandEva

Quick side note I thought I should mention/inquire about: I just found out I am expecting my second baby and i already own an infant snugride 32, does it pair well (if the MyRide was in the middle and the snugride behind the passenger or driver seat) in a Honda civic 2002? Thanks for the help!

Kendrab2315

Hi, thanks so much for helping me out! I didn't realize that the Nautilus wasn't rear-facing...it's now out. Eva currently weighs 19 lbs. 10 oz. and is 17 inches tall. She actually turns 8 months old tomorrow. Our car is a Honda Civic. Yea, money is very tight for us right now but, the safety of Eva is super important to us. I heard that Cosco Scenera is one of the safest for a budget carseat in crash tests and that Britax seats are top for crash test safety. I would like her to stay rear-facing for as long as she can for safety purposes. Are the other caresses suggested tested excellently for safety equally? Thanks again for all your help! What do you think the best seats for her are then?
Thanks, Crystal

Was that a typo?

I'm assuming it was and you meant 27 inches rather than 17. My daughter turns 8 months in a week and is 19.5 pounds and 27.5" long. We have a myride65 and it is great. She isn't in the car much but prior to getting the myride, she hated car rides. Now, she loves them and always looks very comfortable. It appears she will also be able to RF for a long time in it. Prior to coming on this site, I thought "yeah! I have a seat that will last me through booster age", now I know better but do not regret the myride at all. I have only tried the seat in my older Dodge Durango and my 1997 Mercury Mountaineer, but in both vehicles I have got a super tight install. I think we got ours from Walmart.com and spent just over $125 with tax on it right around Christmas time.

Good luck and congrats on number 2!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you have a Snugride 32, you can probably use it for many months longer for Eva, actually, till her head is within an inch of the top of the seat or till she reaches 32 pounds, whichever comes first. If she has a really long torso and is nearing the top of the seat, then you might need a new seat sooner, and might want to look for something a little taller than the Scenera to keep her reafacing a little longer, and maybe have more time to get the budget and coupons together to get it. If she's still a long way from the top of the seat, than really any convertible will be fine to get her to at least age 2 rearfacing. I do have to put in my little vote for a Britax, the Roundabout 55 is only $150ish or less if you shop around, and the ease of install and use really make it a nice choice (nontwist straps, the ability to be tethered rearfacing, super, super easy LATCH connectors).

cat mommy

My kids have BV70s in our cars and we use Scenera 40s for travel. I am happy with both seats. Britaxes are nice seats--with lots of ease of use features--but there is NO REASON YOU *NEED* TO HAVE ONE! Everyone I know with My Rides likes them too :).

My guys went to convertibles around 8 months and I am glad I made the switch. At that age, they liked sitting more upright better, and even putting the Keyfits more upright didn't suit them as well as the convertibles.

Last edited:

Mommy2Marcus

The Scenera is a good seat. I used one for quite awhile with my own son. He even rode 3 1/2 hours in it one time with no problem. I also see that you're considering the My Ride 65, it is a great seat. It was very comfortable for my son. He rode in it 9 1/2 hours 1 way overnight RF to FL a couple of years ago & slept great the entire night. He was a little over 2 1/2 at the time, so no infant padding. :thumbsup:

He is about 4 1/2 now & could probably still fit RF in it, but we no longer have it. It was in a wreck, so I replaced it. However I was sad to see it go. I think whatever seat you end up with will be fine.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC