My carseat is affected by the recall

Snorris2

My dd2's car seat was part of the recent recall. She has one of the avenue's from the list. My girls were actually both riding in one, but I bought my oldest daughter a Radian xtsl last week so she could go back to rear facing. She's doing amazingly well with it btw. :)
What should I do? I don't really think I trust their solution to this problem. Plus, I really want a new seat for her. I was planning to get her a radian as well in the summer. My girls are rather big for their age so we need the high rear facing weight limit. DD2 is almost 27 lbs at 15 months old. o_O. I found a myride on craigslist for $50. What do you guys think about getting that for her until I can comfortably buy the radian this summer? I'm just bot sure about buying seats off craigslist.

Tia!

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Do not get a used seat, from CL, period.

I would call Dorel and tell them that you are not comfortable using the seat and see if they have another solution.

Snorris2

That's what I thought about the used seat too. My thinking was that you never know if it's been wrecked or not. I'll try calling Dorel again. I asked them how they thought applying lubricant once was going to fix the issue. I just don't feel comfortable with this at all.

What would you guys do?
My oldest daughter just turned 3 and is riding in a radian.
She's 36 lbs and 41 inches tall. Her torso is right around 17 inches.
My youngest is 15 months, 26 lbs 10 oz and 32 inches tall.
She's a big girl.
Should I just buy another radian so they can both continue rear facing?
Or should I use the babies r us trade in event and get dd1 a britax frontier and turn her around again.
Ugh! Decisions, decisions.

DaniChildcare

I'd call Dorel again, but honestly, i wouldn't expect much out of it (i don't know how the heck applying some lubricant once is supposed to "fix" the problem either!) i would probably trade it in, and get DD2 a myride.

By the time you FF your DD1 you can buy a Nauti, Frontier, or booster (depending on how far she makes it RF) and give the Radian to DD2 and keep the Myride as a backup, or sell it to fund the FF seat at that point.

Snorris2

Thanks for your input.

Do you guys feel comfortable with the "fix" that Dorel is offering? Are you okay with your children remaining in these seats?

momtotwogirls

Are you sure your measuring her torso correctly? If he has a 17 inch torso she would have already outgrown the radian as their top slots are 17 inches.

I know the feeling, I have an avenue but thankfully not in the same date bracket as the recalled avenues.. I called just to be certain.. but knew I was not comfortable using their "fix" I was planing to let them know this if they said it was on the recall list.

Snorris2

We are definitely buying a new seat tomorrow. I can't make up my mind at all though.
Do you guys think it would be best to continue rear facing dd1 or get her a frontier because of bow big she is?

melniemi

I would keep her rfing for another year anyway, she should easily fit if you have a 45# rfing limit radian. My 4yo is still rfing :)

Snorris2

Okay, that's what I initially wanted to do anyway.
We are either just going to suck it up and order another radian, or trade in her seat for a myride at babies r us.
I'm leaning towards the Radian so we shall see.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC