What can I do?

JamieB

It seems as though all the nurse practitioners at the office here in town are telling people it is dangerous to rear face past a year. I was told the same thing a couple years ago by them but let it go. Now I am mad though. Irrationally mad I think but whatever! lol

So I guess I could call the manager of the office? Maybe ask to bring her some information? What would you bring? Do office managers really get to tell health professionals what is and isn't ok? Ugh

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Where are you located? Perhaps there is a tech or instructor local to you who would be willing to contact them?

TC has updated their info pages fairly recently and has some great information on rear-facing beyond one year. Perhaps that would help them?

U

Unregistered

Where are you located? Perhaps there is a tech or instructor local to you who would be willing to contact them?

TC has updated their info pages fairly recently and has some great information on rear-facing beyond one year. Perhaps that would help them?

Could you link me to that please? I coudn't find much on TC but I am not that handy. lol I am near Sudbury Ontario.....

QuassEE

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Trudy was probably meaning the Car Time portion of the TC website:
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safedrivers-childsafety-car-index-873.htm

"When should you move your child from a rear-facing seat to a forward-facing seat?

Don’t hurry. Keep your child in the rear-facing seat until he or she grows out of it. Your child seat user guide will tell you the maximum weight and height of a child for that seat. If your child grows out of the rear-facing seat, there may be another model that will still fit your child. Some rear-facing car seats are made for children up to 20 kg (45 lbs)!"

Source: http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safedrivers-childsafety-car-time-stage1-1084.htm

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC