News FYI: Avenue is part of dorel recall

mamakc

Not sure if this has been brought up yet (I didn't see anything), but I just learned that one of the model numbers being recalled is the Avenue. Not many of us on this board have the 3-in-1's, but MANY of us have the Avenue so be sure to check!

ADS

mamakc

Mines a 22-449 but its an 11/2009. Hopefully we're good... I can't tell by all the numbers, but I wonder if the scenera is effected too. Anyone know?

EmmaGrace'sMom

Thanks for the reminder! I need to check on the Avenue my G-ma has for DD. I had almost forgotten about it as it is rarely used. I need to also check to see if she's outgrown it, the kid has had serious growth spurts lately!

lanwenyi

I have a 22439, DOM 3/09. But it's OKP, not OKP3 :confused: I called Dorel and they said mine isn't included.

That's funny. I e-mailed and did the on-line check and both said my 22439 okp and 22439 aby ARE included in the recall. Mine were 7/7/2008 & 7/14/2008 DOMs. Use the on-line tool and I think you'll find that your's are recalled.

cookie123

I looked at the website yesterday and the Avenue wasn't included on the list. Now I have to bring the seat in again. Also, none of my numbers looked like the numbers on the list. I have to check. I did check that the harness was working, however. It was.

ETA: It still doesn't. At least where I'm looking. I to tried copy and paste, and somehow it didn't work.

BananaBoat

I'm pretty sure both of our Avenues are recalled. My question is, what's the point of calling to get some "food grade lubricant" when I have a whole kitchen full of that?! If I'm checking the adjuster strap every time we use it & lubricate as necessary with canola oil or olive oil, what's the difference? I won't be selling my Aves, nor will I use them as my primary seat. It seems like an awfully lame "solution" to the problem.

NannyMom

That's funny. I e-mailed and did the on-line check and both said my 22439 okp and 22439 aby ARE included in the recall. Mine were 7/7/2008 & 7/14/2008 DOMs. Use the on-line tool and I think you'll find that your's are recalled.

I did the online tool Monday, and was told no recall. Then I called Tuesday and was told no. Then today I got a PM from thepeach80 and was told mine is recalled. So I did the online tool again, and it told me it was recalled.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
So they changed it? I'll have to look again. Did they take off that silly 3 that was confusing people? I wonder how many people just assumed there's wasn't recalled and it really was.

NannyMom

So they changed it? I'll have to look again. Did they take off that silly 3 that was confusing people? I wonder how many people just assumed there's wasn't recalled and it really was.

I actually didn't look to see if they took that 3 off :eek: I went and looked for the online tool. You input your serial no and DOM and it tells you if it's recalled or not. This time it told me yes. So, at least that is now programed to take off the 3.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC