Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Rear facing convertible for Audi A4

I'd like to have our 17 month old rear facing, but our Britax Marathon doesn't fit rear facing in our small backseat. My husband and I are both tall (him: 6'3 me: 5'7"). We're willing to buy another car seat but not another car right now and I want to find a seat that will fit well in our back seat.

Does anyone know of a car seat that will definitely fit rear facing in the back of an A4 with taller people in the front? I don't know what other cars are comparable in size.

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician

Re: Rear facing convertible for Audi A4

Have you tried it in the center with a seat bet installation? It should work. Tell me how you are installing it and then I can assist you further.

Good job keeping your baby Rf past a year!
    Hayley--CPST, Graduate Medical Student, and Nanny to many.
    Everyone rides RF until 5 in my 2007 Volvo XC90! (Also own 1987 Volvo 240GL)

Senior Community Member aclayton74's Avatar

I had my MA rear-facing in my SIL's A4 in the middle and it fit very well.

Amy!! Mom to
    Anthony-21, Daniel-18
    BOTH DRIVING!!
    Aiden-8 RN65/RNXT

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

The Marathon will fit. Do you have it so the line on the side is level? If so, put it more upright. We have an A4 (2004 wagon) and we had a Britax Wizard (same size and shape as the Marathon) in there for years. My husband is 5'10" and never had an issue with her in the car.

Here's Piper at two years old rear facing in her Wizard in the Audi. You can see where the front seats are. The driver's side was set up for me (5'1").

A few years later, now the Wizard is in the middle and you can see the driver's headrest.

And again. This was set up for my husband to drive.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Sorry it took me so long to reply. I keep checking and didn't see my post and I finally found it :-)

We initially tried it RF in the middle and I couldn't get the passenger seat reclined enough.

We'll try again, and try it outboard as well. I want to make an appointment with a technician anyway to make sure it's in there perfectly.

Thanks so much for your help! I was worried we'd have to buy another car seat.

Unregistered

Wendy- What about a Triumph Advance 65 in an A4? Is it comparable to the Britax in size/fit?

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

It's wide, but I would imagine it would fit well back there.

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785