pics! my 5yo in a TFP

lovemybabies924

IMG00554.jpg

IMG00555.jpg

IMG00557.jpg

shes about 52lbs..just turned 5 last month..so shes big for her age..shse been 90th %ile since she was 18m:p so shes been in a booster off and on since the tail end of 2 or early time of being 3 because she outgrew the scenera and i didnt know they made bigger seats but a car seat tech gave me a titan that she used for a tiny bit before she outgrew that as well :rolleyes: but now that i could afford a higher weight seat I stuck her in it! she was SO HAPPY to get in it! her 1st words were "now my head wont fall down from when I sleep in the car" haha..were working on grammer dont worry :love: so she has a couple inches until she outgrows the harness height..but she uses almost all the harness lol. the crotch part seems really tight so im gonna double check 2moro that i have it in the right spot. i have a CA65LX OTW so im gonna see if she has more room in that one when it gets here. but she says shes really comfy..she cant do any part of the harness herself...but i dont mind doing it for her :)

ADS

ginny4

the shoudler straps look like they are coming from below her shoulders. the straps shoudl be at or ABOVE her shoulders. i think she has outgrown it.

ETA: the chest clip is too high too

i'd consider the frontier or nautilus for her instead if you want her harnessed

lovemybabies924

the shoudler straps look like they are coming from below her shoulders. the straps shoudl be at or ABOVE her shoulders. i think she has outgrown it.

ETA: the chest clip is too high too

i'd consider the frontier or nautilus for her instead if you want her harnessed

re: chest clip - ya i let her do it herself haha and i will double check the harness but she had 2" of room w/out the coat. (in the house)

Last edited:

StPaulMom

Yeah, I agree that she may have already outgrown this seat because it really appears that her shoulders are above the top harness slots.

I would have no problem putting her in a high back booster at her age/weight. One that has headwings will help if she falls asleep.

Just for comparison- here's my (at that time) almost 5 year old in the TF still RF!:
ellie%20truefit.jpg

lovemybabies924

now i REALLY feel my 5 yo is HUGE haha but im actually gonna sell this seat now i think so its back to the HBB lol DSS complained of having to squish past the TFP to get to his booster..so looks like its a flop all around :whistle: but i double checked and she had about .5" of space from her shoulder to the last slot..its just hard to tell cuz of the cover...i wish the harness didnt get bunched up by the cover..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC