WAY OT-Bachelor Party Question..plus...

TheRealMacGyver

Okay, I realize my audience here may not be the best for this question, but I feel like there is more intelligence here than a lot of other places.:D I'm trying to help the best man plan my BIL bachelor party and so far it is sounding kind of lame. So I found this site http://www.bachelorpartysuccess.com that sounds like it could be worth the money. The problem is that something about it gives me an uneasy feeling. I buy online all the time, but always from trusted sites. I've never had a problem before, but this site looks like something I could have made myself in about an hour. I've searched like crazy trying to find something on them, but nothing. Anyhow, making a long story short, do you know anyway to check a site to see if it is real? Also, I know many of you are newlyweds so maybe one of your husbands had a good party that you could pass some ideas along. BTW, not looking for the typical stag, something a little more original. Thanks.

ADS

Michi

Okay - my opinion (take it or leave it).....Bachelor parties are LAME!!!:thumbsdown:
Why do people feel the need to drink, watch strippers, and do embarrassing/stupid things that could jeopardize their marriage?

If you want a fun get-together with the guys - have a huge BBQ, go to a baseball game, play golf, or go on a fishing/camping trip...but skip the beer and nudie bars! (Just my:twocents: )

And yeah...something seems 'fishy' about that website!

skaterbabs

I know nothing about bachelor parties (dh didn't have one), and we've been married 11 yearsc anyway, but here's my advice for buying online:

Trust your instincts - if something feels off....don't do it.

I know that's pretty cliche', but it's good advice for most things. I'm not one to be afraid of the net or what can be found, but being paranoid and being attentive to one's insticts are not the same thing.

TheRealMacGyver

Why do people feel the need to drink, watch strippers, and do embarrassing/stupid things that could jeopardize their marriage?

...but skip the beer and nudie bars! (Just my:twocents: )

And yeah...something seems 'fishy' about that website!

Well, thanks for being candid, but I never said anything about strippers and nudie bars. The fact is, that is exactly what I want to avoid, because they are lame. Anyhow in hindsight, I probably shouldn't have posed this question here. I wasn't asking for your approval, just what you thought about the site's validity. Sorry, I should have thought about this more.

rlsadc

Senior Community Member
i wouldnt have a problem if i could pay through paypal for it. maybe even email the site owner and ask if thats possible?

arly1983

HHMMMM, the most original bacholar party I ever heard of was......

Instead of the night before the wedding (when the "original" party was planned), the groomsmen kidnapped the groom that morning and went to a braves game and got primo seats right behind the dugout (I think 4 or 5 th row out) Then they all went to the Varsity to eat. After that they all drove to Dahlonega to NGC and reminised about their college days...

This was one of my DHs best friends from college and all of his groomsman except his younger brother were in Corps of Cadets at NGC.

Who says all military guys do is drink...

I actually thought it was really sweet (esp. for guys). A last foray before he closed the chapter on that part of his life (my words not my DHs)

Just do something that means alot to your BIL, I am sure you know what he likes.

mominabigtruck

I didn't think it looked very legit, paying someone just for an idea, not an actual product. But anymore most cc have policies where you can disput a charge if the company is unscrupulous or screws you over in general.

On a side note just to you macgyvery, I don't think there's anything wrong with bachelor parties or strip clubs in general and I wasn't offended.

Last edited:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
That website does seem a little off, I think because of the lack of details, but that is understandable that they can't divulge too much. But the "game" does sound like it could be fun. And if it ends up sucking it is only $47 you are out...to me I would pay it just to see what it is all about. If you pay with a credit card and it ends up being a scam you could always dispute the charge. If you do go ahead and order this "game" let us know the details of it!!

TheRealMacGyver

two points to that question: 1) because we're men! and 2) that's the whole point of the bachelor party... we're not married, yet!!! :p ;)

Thank you.

And thank you skaterbabscpst, rlsadc, arly1983, mominabigtruck, and thefosters.2. I was feeling bad last night about posting this and thought I might have crossed the proverbial line here. Not that I feel the need to justify myself, but after all it is just a party. If anyone wants to associate certain acts with it, they have the right to do so. I'm a traditional kind of guy, so for me not having it isn't an option. Anyhow, I emailed the guy and he replied, making me feel a little more at ease. He also uses a company called ClickBank that handles the transaction. I'm going to go ahead and purchase it this morning. It sounds like something fun to me, and I would rather have a task to keep everyone active, than have a party with a bunch of bumps on a log. The party is on May 26 and we are going to Disney's Pleasure Island, where they have every type of bar under the sun EXCEPT nudie bars:D Anyhow, I'll give you my take on the concept after the party. Thanks again.

Last edited:

Michi

I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to rant at you or offend you.
It's just that DH has been invited to SO many of "those" types of bachelor parties...and even HE feels that they are 'over the top'. He said that he feels torn between supporting his friend, and doing what makes him extremely uncomfortable.

I DO understand wanting to celebrate with the guys, though. (I just think there are better ways.)

Pleasure Island is a GREAT idea! DH and I had a great time there one year ..well...with the exception that they had one of the Spice Girls performing a live concert...:rolleyes: (Grandma & Grandpa were along to watch the kids - so we had a night out!)

I hope you have a fun (and safe!) party!

TheRealMacGyver

I'm so sorry...I didn't mean to rant at you or offend you.

Pleasure Island is a GREAT idea! DH and I had a great time there one year ..well...with the exception that they had one of the Spice Girls performing a live concert...:rolleyes: (Grandma & Grandpa were along to watch the kids - so we had a night out!)

I hope you have a fun (and safe!) party!

No hard feelings, it's okay. In your defense, it wasn't the best question to ask a bunch of women (mostly women that is). Apology excepted.

Spice Girls huh! Hope we don't strike out that bad!:eek:

southpawboston

In your defense, it wasn't the best question to ask a bunch of women (mostly women that is).

hey, the way i see it, this is a public forum (with membership approval) focused on child passenger safety. it it not a woman's board, despite the fact that >95% of the participants happen to be of that "other" gender ;) . if the women here feel comfortable posting about their gender-specific issues despite the presence of us men here, then the men here should feel the same. provided that no "boundary" gets crossed (on EITHER side of the line), i don't see the need to be hesitant about putting your concerns out there publicly. and if you want to post about a "man" issue and feel it may make some others here uncomfortable (again, without crossing a boundary), just put it in the subject line, "for MEN only". i've seen someone of the other gender here do that and as a consequence, i never bothered to view that thread (something about cysts?)... i appreciated the way that thread was titled with the warning (whoever's thread that was, kudos!).

just my :twocents:

TXDani

Senior Community Member
:yeahthat:

I totally agree with SPB...I have seen some pretty intense women only posts lately. I don't even bother reading those and I am a woman. Haha, but you never complained so I don't think you should worry about what you posted or post in the future.

TheRealMacGyver

if the women here feel comfortable posting about their gender-specific issues despite the presence of us men here, then the men here should feel the same. provided that no "boundary" gets crossed :

Good point, I do agree with you. (and avoided those "women only" posts as well!)

I did go ahead and buy it and downloaded everything. Basically 2 MP3 files that describe the plan, a score card document, and a checklist document, and some other information as well. Although it is really nothing more than a plan that someone put together, it is pretty well thought out and I think it was worth it. I could see easily spending several hours putting something like that together, so I'm happy I didn't have to. Anyhow, I think it will be fun and something totally different. I'll do an update to let you know how it all goes down. Oh yeh, check this out, the other thing I'm working on is connecting a chain to a ten pound bowling ball, which I will shackle to his ankle! He'll have to drag that sucker around all night long! :thumbsup:

LeeLi

I totally agree this is as vaild a discussion as luna pads :D I think the gusy around here bring valuable diversity to the board!

The game thing sounds cool, and Pleasure Island is fun enough that just being there makes it a party. Let us know how it goes...

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
Oh yeh, check this out, the other thing I'm working on is connecting a chain to a ten pound bowling ball, which I will shackle to his ankle! He'll have to drag that sucker around all night long! :thumbsup:

OMG!!!! Now THAT brings back memories! My dad and DH (before we were married) made the exact same thing for our friends bachelor party (DH's best friend married my best friend). 6 feet of chain and a screw eye into a wooden plug in one of the bowling ball holes. It looked great! We even had a padlock on it.

Unfortunately it wasn't the best situation (they are now divorced) and the groom got so drunk he went down to the basement and got a saw and almost cut his leg off. BUT when it was my DH's turn he wore that thing all around downtown on the night of his bachelor party. He loved it! And everyone who saw him got a kick out of it too.

Good luck to you with your party planning.

Loves2sing

The ball and chain thing = hilarious!! I don't think you are even close to out of line putting this on here. It is awesome to see a completley different subject from time to time! Hope you guys have a blast! Let us know how it goes. My Dh and his friends usually do paintball, they have fun, but something more original sounds fun.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC