JPMA video on new Evenflo seats, Clek, and Combi Zeus

ADS

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ok what was Combi smoking?!? Pam says right there in the interview that it's 5-22lb rf...That is just ridiculous.:thumbsdown:

Momto2whosews

Senior Community Member
I know, I caught that too. I hope she just mis-spoke and was referring to the minimum RF weight limit. Not sure about the swivel function either. And she says it stays tethered in both directions, but what good is a tether at the foot end of a RF seat?

There are 3 days worth of videos, and the thrid day features the Combi 30 infant seat.

arly1983

The combi seat looks like there is lots of potential for missuse

I don't have any older kids but I REALLY want a Clek

Loves2sing

I would love to play with the new Triumph, that looked cool, but Combi? Give me a break! Drives me crazy that they would be a featured product, because now they are going to have uneduated parents rushing to the store to buy that seat, and then turn their kids FF at 22 lbs, because the rep says that's when to do it!:mad:

I did like the gate adapter. We found that even the spring loaded gate left huge scratches on our wood railing. Drove me and DH nuts. I would love to see that in person. Are days 2 and 3 worth watching?

mominabigtruck

I have to say that I am impressed that the discovery is finally going to be 5pt but that its still going to be under $50. I think we all know the reason its such a good seller is because its so cheap and the fact that they are improving the seat is great.
I thought the new combi seat looked kinda interesting. Having had one I know they're not the easiest to use but the turning thing would be good if you use it for multiple kids or like my mom who hates having the rfing seat taking up so much space.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Hmm.... The Zeus *looks* cool, but does it really only RF to 22 pounds? Also, I worry about that swivel feature. I am not sure why I worry about it, but I do.

I am still not all that impressed by the Triumph. It still has those damn tension adjustment knobs. I also don't like the red tabs for raising the harness. Maybe in person it will be better...

What the heck is that Cleanoz thing?? :p

My last complaint-- that host is obnoxious.

Sorry if I am being overly critical. It has been a stressful day.

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Hmm.... The Zeus *looks* cool, but does it really only RF to 22 pounds?

Reports from inside sources say that yes, as of right now it's only approved to RF to 22lbs. The instruction sheets & manuals that we've seen for it say 30lb (because isn't that a requirement or something in the FMVSS regulations or something?) but every rep that we've contacted has said that it's only approved *right now* to 22lbs.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Reports from inside sources say that yes, as of right now it's only approved to RF to 22lbs. The instruction sheets & manuals that we've seen for it say 30lb (because isn't that a requirement or something in the FMVSS regulations or something?) but every rep that we've contacted has said that it's only approved *right now* to 22lbs.

Yup, they still haven't passed testing at 30...but the sell sheets say 30... They'd better get it together and soon!

:cool:

ThreeBeans

The Zeus seat looked awful :eek: Ugh...I can see parents leaving it unlocked with the little rats swiveling around merrily in the back, I can see them throwing it in a forward facing position cause it's easier :rolleyes:

I was really fascinated by the KeyFit30. I liked the LATCH system...looked very user friendly :thumbsup: I was annoyed they didn't specify the height limit though.

And ftr, after 30 seconds I wanted to reach through the screen and *****slap the gal in pink;)

LeeLi

The host made me crazy too! There is such a thing as too perky...

The Combi Zeus reminds me of the Renolux Turn-A-Tot, if it didn't work out 15 or whatever years ago what makes them think it will be good now? I'm willing to bet that the turning mechanism is hard to make with enough integrity that it will safely contain a 30lbs child and still be practical on a car seat. To me "new easy to use features"="new ways to misuse".

On the other hand, it was cool to see more of the Triumph Advance and I'm even more convinced that it's going to be an awesome seat. Well except for the 30lb RF limit, Evenflow really should do something about their low RF limits. I wonder why they don't test their seats to 35 lbs like Dorel?

LuvBug

I cant wait until the new triumph comes out. If it really is what it says it will be then I think it will do perfect as our spare seat. I need something cheap that can fit all our kids whenever a spare is needed(they range from newborn to 40lbs. 2 with long torsos and 2 with average/short ones lol!).
In the video it doesnt LOOK like it is all that much bigger than the regular triumph, so I wonder how tall the top harness position will really be.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The host made me crazy too! There is such a thing as too perky...

The Combi Zeus reminds me of the Renolux Turn-A-Tot, if it didn't work out 15 or whatever years ago what makes them think it will be good now? I'm willing to bet that the turning mechanism is hard to make with enough integrity that it will safely contain a 30lbs child and still be practical on a car seat. To me "new easy to use features"="new ways to misuse".

On the other hand, it was cool to see more of the Triumph Advance and I'm even more convinced that it's going to be an awesome seat. Well except for the 30lb RF limit, Evenflow really should do something about their low RF limits. I wonder why they don't test their seats to 35 lbs like Dorel?

It's true...Combi is a Japanese brand, and they have swiveling seats there... I asked a mom here about hers, and she said it was broken, but she kept using it anyway (I hope it wasn't TOO broken! lol)...she liked Britaxes here, better.

22 lbs is the 12 month dummy...it's a big tall heavy seat as it is, so I guess it just plum over-rotates with the 34 pound 3 yo dummy... maybe if it had rigid LATCH it would pass? :whistle:

Someone asked at Lifesavers during the new product sessions why they won't allow their seats to higher weights, since we KNOW they test them with the 34 pound dummy, and Evenflo and Graco just acted like that was a dumb idea, 30 pounds is 'enough' and they ain't changing till someone (government, I guess) makes them change, was the impression they gave.
:thumbsdown:

B

BabyTV'er

Hi Everyone!

I'm Jenn, associate producer, for BabyTV's JPMA program. We were so happy to see that you guys watched the show and enjoyed some of the products! I wanted to let everyone know that we will be broadcasting from the ABC Kids Expo in Las Vegas - Sept 8-11 :) This will be in the same format as our JPMA show but the ABC show is twice as big so we hope to have even more fun and exciting products for you! Plus we'll have 2 hosts so that the perkiness factor doesn't put you on overload!!! lol :)

I would LOVE to hear from you the viewer on what you would like to see from the show! Are there any products that you'd like us to focus on!

We really hope that you guys will spend some time on the website. You can post on our message boards and keep abreast of all the latest happenings in the BabyTV family. Oh and btw, BabyTV is part of the BabyUniverse family and right now if you buy something at babyuniverse and register for BabyTV, you can get a cash rebate on your purchase! Details are on the Babytv homepage.

anyways, thanks again for checking out our show! Please email me anytime or call me 561-277-6406 and tell me what you thought of the show!

Have a great day!

Jenn
Jennifer@babytv.com

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC