Question Britax Parkway SG in a 1997 suburban

family5oregon

working on hubby let me get a SG, but he wants to see how it looks in a burban. we have a 1997 burban and it will be behind the front passanger seat. we will also have marathons in the middle and behind the drives seat.

so my question is could you please post pictures of your SG in your burban and what your likes and dislikes are about the seat.

ADS

zactayaus

Well here are some pics of the SGL in my 2000 'burb. I will say that I did not like the way it fit with the headrest in the highest position. It was too tall and the wings hit the pillar which pushed the Parkway just slightly out of position. Also please note that the seat belt is not routed properly in these pics. DD was just sitting it in for photo purposes. It was 20 degrees out with wind at like 30mph when we were taking them. We were both freezing and just trying to be as quick as possible and didn't realize the seat belt wasn't right.

100_2017-2.jpg
100_2019-2.jpg

100_2018-2.jpg

family5oregon

THANK YOU FOR DOING THAT...BRRRR, I thought we were cold here yesterday. you win. :p

the pillar is the same problem I am having with our Monterey (which we :love:) I am looking at the SGL because it's narrower than our Monterey. I do have the original PW but DS#3 is getting a little tight in it. I will double check the tipping due to the pillar and post. Maybe a we can squeek by with that. :scratcheshead:

family5oregon

Here are some pix of the 2 seats in the burban. And PLEASE ignore the mess in the back hubby took the burban up to cut wood.

PW's backrest all the way up.
100_5600.jpg

PW's backrest at DS#3 setting.
100_5604.jpg

DS#3 in PW...is sitting all the way back. I just noticed how it makes him look like he is laying back a little and the belt lays over his lap. Plus the belt is riding up on the side of the PW. Haven't used it in a few months.
100_5601.jpg

100_5603.jpg

And finally the Monterey at DS#3 riding setting.
100_5597.jpg

ginny4

the lap belt on PW looks good. its across his lap like it should be.
do you have issue with the shoulder strap getting caught in the belt guide & that is causing it to have slack in the belt?
the PW does fit better than the monterey for sure. is it all the way up?

family5oregon

the lap belt on PW looks good. its across his lap like it should be.
do you have issue with the shoulder strap getting caught in the belt guide & that is causing it to have slack in the belt?
the PW does fit better than the monterey for sure. is it all the way up?

I do have to fiddle with the belt at the PW guide, have been used to doing it so I don't even think about it. I usually have the seatbelt ajuster lower.

The Monterey is at DS's riding setting and I have a picture of the PW all the way up.

Is it okay that the belt is riding/bunching up, on the PW lap guide? I trying to figure out if he will be able to fit in the PW for the next 2-3 years. (PW doesn't expire till 12-2013)

I should add the only reason I need the booster on the passanger side is because we need easy access to the 3rd row. It's easier to remove the booster than uninstall the marathon to reinstall each time we need access to the 3rd row. I have thought about backless but it's not an option right now because DS still falls asleep in his seat.

Kat_Momof3

you know, if you want something to go tall, but not hit the side... can you try out a recaro vivo (aka... find someone local?)... because even in our caravan, it's the only one that can go to full height without doing that in the third row.

And the original parkway (we also had cowmoo... SNIFF!) was about the same for us (and yes, I think the lapbelt is fine on your son)

family5oregon

you know, if you want something to go tall, but not hit the side... can you try out a recaro vivo (aka... find someone local?)... because even in our caravan, it's the only one that can go to full height without doing that in the third row.

And the original parkway (we also had cowmoo... SNIFF!) was about the same for us (and yes, I think the lapbelt is fine on your son)

I don't know anyone close to me that may have a Vivo. Personally they look ugly, but if it would allow DS to sit there, I might give it a shot. :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

see, I doubt the compass would work as it's wider... a good deal wider... than the other boosters.

perhaps order a Vivo through a site with free return shipping? then if it doesn't work, you just return it?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC