Is the CA 65 LX really a better choice than the Symphony 65 e3?

livsmum

I've bought the 65 e3, but am now second guessing myself. I've seen a lot mentioned about the CA.

I've seen the 65 LX on Kohl's online, $200. I received a 30% coupon today, that can be used from the 16th. If I was to order it at the in-store kiosk, I could use the coupon and get it shipped free to my house.

I've got a 2002 Pontiac Montana and it would be installed behind the passenger seat.

So tell me what would be best, please.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Um... no?
You see a lot about the CA because it's one of the first seats to go RF to 40lbs, it's been around a long time, it's relatively inexpensive, and if you choose to ignore the RF height limit stated in the manual of 40 inches, then it's a very tall choice for rearfacing. If you like a big heavy solid feeling seat, then the Symphony will be more appealing to you. Plus, it makes a very nice booster later. They both have their pros and cons, and would be very safe as long as they install properly in your vehicle and you use it properly for each and every trip (I know that probably sounds trite, but that's really all there is to it, we just all have personal preferences for certain harness or install systems or padding or whatever, and those are the seats we recommend more often... I prefer to deal with a Britax day in and day out over any other harness type, but I wouldn't feel my child was unsafe in another brand, if that makes sense?)
:)

livsmum

Um... no?
You see a lot about the CA because it's one of the first seats to go RF to 40lbs, it's been around a long time, it's relatively inexpensive, and if you choose to ignore the RF height limit stated in the manual of 40 inches, then it's a very tall choice for rearfacing. If you like a big heavy solid feeling seat, then the Symphony will be more appealing to you. Plus, it makes a very nice booster later. They both have their pros and cons, and would be very safe as long as they install properly in your vehicle and you use it properly for each and every trip (I know that probably sounds trite, but that's really all there is to it, we just all have personal preferences for certain harness or install systems or padding or whatever, and those are the seats we recommend more often... I prefer to deal with a Britax day in and day out over any other harness type, but I wouldn't feel my child was unsafe in another brand, if that makes sense?)
:)

I thought the CA would RF for longer (higher shell + top slots)? I like the look and feel of the Symphony better, the CA looks too much like a Scenera to me.

This is so confusing, trying to find a good seat.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, it's not easy, I've owned dozens of seats looking for the 'right' one, lol.
They are both tall enough to get kids to 3 or older rearfacing and 5 or older forward facing, in most cases, the minimal differences in measurement aren't really enough to be the deciding factor, I don't think. Any of the 'big seats' (ie, NOT the Titan, Tribute, Scenera, Coccoro, Comfortsport...which are the 'small seats') will be a good, long lasting choice :)

SavsMom

For what its worth I have a Complete Air now and had a Symphony65 (non E3 model) previously. I loved the Symphony but when my daughter was in it she did have pretty bad head slump at times, she also just outgrew the Symphony rear facing just about a month ago - yet she has tons of room in the Complete Air :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
The CA is not necesarily better. Now, because it does have a taller shell, and higher harness slots, it will last a bit longer than the symphony..but both are BIG seats, so realistically, unless your child is > 90th percentile, the symphony will get you to very acceptable limits. There are also ease of use factors, and ease of install factors. comfort and recline angle factors. Harness fit, adjuster smoothness, etc.

Sarah62008

Senior Community Member
I've had the Symphony but not the E3 one. And I have a CALX(50lb version). I like the CA way better. It was easier to install RF and FF. And the Symphony seemed shorter RF than the CA. DS outgrew the Symphony but is still RF in the CA. I don't like the red tabs on the Symphony, they just made red marks on DS' neck.

I'm way happier with the CA than I was with the Symphony.

Kobain's Mommy

It seems to depend on what your LO likes and what you like. LO seems to hate any Evenflo seat I've put him in. But when we first tried the CA out he loved it. We now own 3 just because of how easy they are to use and get him in as well as he doesn't cry in it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC