Pictures comparing TB and Vivo?

cmm7

I saw in another thread that the Vivo is taller than the TB. I had thought it was only slightly taller. Is it a significant difference? How about the Vivo and original Parkway?

ADS

christineka

I went to put my baby in her bed when I saw I had a parkway and vivo sitting right next to each other!

Initially, the parkway looks very much taller, but the seat is higher than the vivo's.

parkwayvivo.jpg

My tape measure is missing the first inch, so the actual measurement is less one.

Parkway
parkwaymeasure.jpg

Vivo
vivomeasure.jpg

It looks like they are almost the same height. They are, actually, but because of the vivo's deep and narrow sides, kids can become squished in the shoulders before growing too tall. (My 11 year old complained about it.)

cmm7

Can I ask for just one more measurement? Can you measure the height and width of just the headrest on each? So, for height, from the belt guide to the top of headrest and for width at the top of it. I am just thinking ahead for Z since I don't have headrests in the car and can't go backless. The PW just BARELY fits in an outboard seat when raised all the way up and it makes it tip. Wondering if the Vivo would fit a little better.

I have both the turbo and the vivo! I had Julianna in the Turbo and she maxed it out so I got a vivo for her, and she has two clicks to move up still in it! it seems like she has quite a good amount of room left! years really.. I love the seat so much, I think I want to get one for Fiona for when she boosters full time.. she had to booster today for teh first time ever but we used a turbobooster

Kat_Momof3

I just wanted to pop by to share the vivo love! :p

Seriously, I have two favorite highback boosters... the Monterey for how wide and deep it can go for the broad and leggy kids... and the Vivo... for how amazing it fits the total opposite... the short-legged and/or skinny and petite kids!

(and for the record, it was the old-style parkway shown above that got complaints in this family, not the vivo... because of how narrow the back of the seat pan is... the kids started spilling out of it as they got wider.

cmm7

So, Kat, you think the Vivo would actually last kids longer width-wise? Z isn't broad by any means, but very proportional so I am sure she will be growing out as she grows up.

Jessica, in your highest position picture it looks like they have the same height. Is the Vivo seat itself lower than the TB's?

I will be trying Cristina's in my car in the beginning of March and hope it fits in its highest position. I guess does anyone know? 2000 Chevy Cavalier.

Kat_Momof3

I know it would...

when we got the Vivo, I tried my broad boy Jeffrey in it... he'd outgrown the parkway already from width... he was very comfortable in it.

He was at the max height level, but had not outgrown it... he's outgrown it since, though.

It sat nice and low, so his feet rested on the floor of the car, so he found it equal in comfort to the Monterey.

He LOOKED to be more comfy in the monterey, but he swore both were equal to him.

Here is Damian at age 7, but the same build (a little slimmer, though) as Jeffrey was in the pics I'm going to follow this with... he was at the next to the last setting in the parkway (he was leggier)... the tallest that I could barely squeeze into the third row with the parkway... you can see it wanted to tip a bit... it wouldn't work at all at the tallest)... and you can see he was starting to spill out of it... I moved him to a backless not long after this and put the parkway in our cobalt as a spare for Jeffrey because he started slouching from not being able to squish his bum all the way back into that narrow back portion of the seat)
Parkwaythirdrow.jpg

Jeffrey in the Vivo when we first got it - he was 8.5yrs old... the angle is different, so it's harder to compare, but he's sitting all the way back and is not squished in the hips at all. His arms sit comfortably (in the parkway, he used to sit with his arms outside the body supports... he's all shoulders and torso)
RecaroVivoJeffreyDec2009a.jpg

and him in the monterey - again, the only reason I would still have picked the monterey over the vivo for him is for those shoulders of his... he's built like his father, who was a lineman in highschool american football... (and those shoulders are what made me tear... not that huge noggin)... in this pic, he was at the next to the last height setting and the wings were all the way open so again, the vivo was not that much narrower for him, though it fits his sister SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Monterey (which didn't give a good fit... acceptable, yes, good, heck no)
MontereyJeffreyDec2009.jpg

pastrygirl

I will be trying Cristina's in my car in the beginning of March and hope it fits in its highest position. I guess does anyone know? 2000 Chevy Cavalier.
Did you get my PM a couple of weeks ago? I want to put this on my calendar to make sure I don't forget! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC