Get whatever you want, I'm leaving it to you!

hrice

That is what DH told me last night when I asked him if he liked the MT or TWE better. I sent him links yesterday so he could read about them and choose (and could see the price without me telling him lol).

So which one should I get? I have heard the TWE is much easier to install and will last a tad longer because kids shoulders eventually touch the wings on the MT. But, DS is still a big car sleeper and I think the headwings would keep his head from hanging too far to one side.

What do you think?

ADS

hrice

I like the look of the MT but that is me and Ive only actually seen it on the internet.

I also prefer the look and it comes in Cowmoo! However, I am not sure if my DS will appreciate a cow seat at 5-6 years old.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love the look of the Cowmoo MT, but wow, the TWE is an easy install. I have done both.

tl01

DS1 was very comfy sleeping in the TWE... In case that helps. We installed it in the more reclined method. It's a great simple to use seat.

hrice

Besides installation any preferences of one over the other. The straps covers on the MT have a different look. Are they firmer or what is the difference?

oxeye

Besides installation any preferences of one over the other. The straps covers on the MT have a different look. Are they firmer or what is the difference?

I can't compare to the TWE, but the strap covers on the MT are sewn to the harness and the harness is a double layer. It's really hard to explain without showing someone in person.

The MT has a puzzle buckle - something I didn't know before I bought it. It doesn't bother me but I know some people don't like puzzle buckles.

Spam

I don't have any input, but everytime I read your title I think it says Get whatever you want, I'm leaving you! for some reason my mind automatically deletes the it to part lol.

Kat_Momof3

I'd get the TWE because (in the odd emergency situation that you would need it to... like the poster whose hubby broke his leg and had to be able to ride with his leg out straight so they had to either flip their son around and use it as a booster because he was over 40lbs or (thank goodness this was an option and is what they did), the hubby had to ride with their friends on the long trip home)... it has the same limit ff as it does rf.

hrice

Any other input. I am probably buying today. I like the look of the MT but everything else tells me to get the TWE. Hmmm....

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Is the TWE the one without a foot prop and must be braced? If so, just make sure you've considered that. I was interested in that seat and was even fine with bracing since I could do so on the driver's side (can't on passenger side due to advanced air bags). Then I realized that both DH and I drive so the driver's seat would be moving to different positions a couple inches difference. Meaning the seat would no longer be braced when I was driving, or alternatively be braced when I was driving and then pushed back even more when DH was driving.

hrice

I just bought a MT in the Nicholas pattern. The seat is black and the headwings and sides are gray with circles. It should look nice next to a Shadow XTSL (I hope).

I hope I love this seat. It sure is a chunk of change!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I just have to chime in and say that every time I see this thread title out of the corner of my eye, I read it as "Get whatever you want, I'm leaving you!" :eek: I'm glad that no one's leaving anyone over a car seat choice. :p

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
BookMama said:
I just have to chime in and say that every time I see this thread title out of the corner of my eye, I read it as "Get whatever you want, I'm leaving you!" :eek: I'm glad that no one's leaving anyone over a car seat choice. :p

I keep reading it that way too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC