Does the NEW GOGO KIDS Travelmate fit on Sunshine Kids Radian 80SL? How to install?

Kaykella808

I have the OLDER version, with the screw back. But I jsut realized GOGO kidz sell the ratchet thing to upgrade your seat. I do not know how this would work, since the area where the carseat sits on doesnt seem to really SIT with the radian?! Does anyone know how to install this? Im totally lost. Their website states that the RAdian is compatible and it will work with the tavelmate. I alread have the cart, so I want to use it for my son, there is NO way I can carry this seat, as I will be traveling alone with my 4 year old, and Im NOT checking a nearly $300 carseat!

ADS

cats2

I took a look at the GoGoKidz website & it looks like you'd have to buy the adaptor for $10 and the ratcheting strap for $25. Since you have a 4y old who I assume is capable of walking & pulling his/her own carry-on, why not purchase one additional strap for your Radian (should've come with one carry strap) & you wear the folded seat like a backpack. Then you don't have to worry about removing the GoGoKidz from the seat @ the security check or dealing with storage of the cart on the plane. An extra carry strap is $8 according to the skjp.com website (website for the maker of Radians). You most definitely don't want to check in the seat, since there still may be unseen damage to it even though it may look ok. HTH.

Kaykella808

Thanks for the reply... I actually emailed the GOGO KIDZ people, and I got the newer system which will work 100% better. My son is 4, but because we're going on a REALLY early flight, and it's just the 2 of us flying together, I will NOT be able to carry that heavy seat... IT's easier if he just sits in it, or walks along side me, and I sort of stroll him along...

Neatfreak

Could you clarify this for me? I also have a Radian 80 and the older Gogokidz. I thought that I would need the rachet strap. Did they tell you that you needed an adapter of some sort as well?

mykidsmylife

the straps and screws that come with the old travelmate work for the radian! I have to use the strap through the ff belt path and the 2 screws to put it on the plate!

Kaykella808

Hi all! Thanks for the replies. I actually emailed the company, and you can order the NEW attachment that works with radian better. I was able to use the older one, with some "tricky" ways to get it on with the older version, but It wouldnt be convenient for airport, etc. because it takes a while to put back on. So, I emailed the company, as I said. They got the newer part back in stock. This seems to be much easier with the ratchet system. I was REALLY pleased with the level of customer service GOGO company has. I purchased my travelmate on ebay for a mear $50 including shipping, and bought the new part which was about $25 with shipping, plus they gave me a $5 off coupon. (mind you, i live in hawaii, so the shipping is ALWAYS much more then the mainland shipping) All in all, I guess I could of just got the GOGO direct from them for cheaper, but lesson learned! It's an awesome device. MY son is 4. And VERY lazy lol! He wont do well in walking in the airport since we have a really early flight, since im traveling alone, it will be nice to have it. He's about 43lbs, and the Radian is really heavy too, but it still works on the travelmate. So yes, if you email them, you can get the new piece, or just get the strap for the radian they sell seperately. If you want to email me personally, I can forward you the info they sent me. IT actually tells HOW to install it, they have pics and all. OVerall, great company! A+++

Eclipsepearl

That sounds complicated! I used a metal, foldable luggage cart and secured it with a bungee. Wondering if that would work on the Gogo. It was nice because when my dd was tired, she could ride in it and no worries about it breaking, since it's metal (not plastic).

BabyKaykes

LOVE my GGK and have traveled with it on quite a few seats, but I wouldn't use it on my Radian for a kid older that 1-2yo. Because there is no base on the seat, there's nowhere for an older kids feet/legs to go but the floor.

If I were flying with the Radian and an older kid then I'd invest in the straps to turn it into a backpack.

morninglori

I have the GGK and got the upgrade ratchet about a year ago. it works great with the radian, I think I have some pics, but I have to search.

The ratcheting upgrade is soooo much easier to use than the screws. I am sure you will like it.

When I travel, I usually have two seats, so the MA goes on the GGK and the RN has backpack straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC