Darren-

mamamia

I keep reading about the differences in the new Wizards manufactured after the initial poor reviews. When my DD vomited in her seat and I had the whole thing apart I looked at the head rest more carefully. The comfort foam looked very similar to the pictures you have posted. Now I am wondering if they didn't just widen the head rest itself. Want to measure yours and compare to mine? I am just so curious now...

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Interestingly, the posters and photos they produced show a very wide headrest, similar to what is on the Bodyguard with the same child in it. It does not really resemble the one I have.

At the narrowest point near the bottom of the headrest, mine measures about 6.5" in between the EPS styrofoam (not the comfort foam). It's about 7.5" in between the hard plastic shell.

mamamia

That's it!!

At the narrowest point on the bottom measuring from the outermost parts of the plastic it is a bit over 9 inches. From the outer most part of EPS to the outermost part of EPS foam is a little over 8 inches. From the inside of the EPS foam to the inside of the EPS foam is right around 7.5 inches. SO there we have it, proof of a wider head rest! I love figuring this stuff out so we don't have to speculate anymore!
Thanks!
:)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Yours is very similar to my Bodyguard headrest measurements... If the crotch strap was farther out, I'd consider buying another one in the tech cover:)

mamamia

For which child? Doesn't your son have a Husky and a BG? or does your DD need a seat for DW's car? We don't have any trouble with the crotch strap and it is about an inch closer to the back than on the FPSE. We have the Windopane fabric and is is great-cool and washes great-I had to throw it in the washing machine after the vomitting episode...

I have been reading lots of bad reviews on the BG, and I have my heart set on it. Do you have any trouble with the locking clips (or whatever they call them)? Do you lock your belts or leave them unlocked due to the clips?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If the crotch strap was farther out, I could use the Wizard for DS for another year until moving him back to the Husky. It would also make it versatile enough to use in the other car for DD. Basically just a way to buy another carseat:)

I don't use the BG. I prefer the Husky, and the BG is often on loan to local instructors for teaching.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Can I chime in as a BG lover ;) ?
I do everything in my power to avoid locking the seatbelt (with the switchable shoulder retractor)...it's a HUGE pain to undo and redo when it gets pulled all the way out.
It's not a big deal for my 6 year old, but my 4 year old (shhhh, don't tell anyone she rides in it sometimes...I think she's tall enough in boots, but still 8 pounds too light)...ugh...she LOVES the freedom! I don't know how long she will take to calm down about her ability to "reach up high and bend down low" as she does and gleefully reports about, but that girl needs to stay harnessed!
Anyway, we don't find the belt lockoffs to be a challenge at all, really...sometimes when ds is moody and doesn't feel like putting the effort into clamping it down, I have to help him, but otherwise, he really has no problems getting his seatbelt buckled.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC