OMG We bought a van tonight!!!

arly1983

I am in shock!

We have been looking for about 4 months and I guess I kinda thought we would never get one.

We have a 04 Ford Freestar with 26,000 miles on it. It has leather (not something I really wanted LOL)

It has latch in 3 positions (not something I am happy about) but we couldn't afford a Sienna or Odessey:(

But weirdly enough there is a top tether in the front seat :eek: According to the manual you can turn off the passenger airbag and install a carseat there! How odd is that!

I am going to bed. Pictures will follow tomorrow.

ADS

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Congratulations! I actually love having a van since I have kids in seats. I would like to replace it with an 8 passenger Odyssey, but that will have to wait awhile.

Why are you not happy about LATCH in 3 positions? Does that mean you are missing top tethers in the remaining 2 positions?

broken4u05

I love vans now. I never liked them before. But now with seats i like them. O and i would love to have an 8 passenger odyssey.

scatterbunny

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D

That tether anchor on the front passenger seat is really handy for RF tethering without having to use the D ring. ;)

oxeye

Why are you not happy about LATCH in 3 positions? Does that mean you are missing top tethers in the remaining 2 positions?

Maybe because some of the other vans come with LATCH in all seating positions? Both my cars only have it in two positions, so I'd be thrilled with 3, but 4 or 5 would be even cooler! :)

arly1983

Oh, I'm sorry.

I am thrilled with the latch in three positions....

It ONLY has a tether anchor in three positions. Thats what I wasn't happy about....

I thought the front seat had one, but after a closer look at the manual, it only comes with manually adjusting seat. This one is automatic :(

arly1983

Picture202.jpg

Picture203.jpg

TheRealMacGyver

Look's good Arly, I've been contemplating a minivan for a little while now. In the past I swore I would never own one, but I'm remined once again to never say never! I'm still not convinced, but I'm getting my pride ready for the possibility.:D

Don't you just wish cars would stay clean like the day you buy them. When I was looking at yours I was thinking about how dirty mine is!

arly1983

I know EXACLTLY what you mean, I said something to my DH about how new and shiney it was and he was like "I hope we didn't get it for that reason, we could have just washed yours"

Just a year ago Eric swore we would NEVER get a minivan but we are desparate for the room and gas so HIGH we could never afford an SUV....

I am the queen of buyer's remorse....we went ahead and did all the paperwork, etc, and they will not put it through untill friday so we had till friday at closing to change our minds.

So far so good, no regrets yet...

I am so excited. We are going on vacation this saturday til next saturday and I was dreading having to sit in the middle of the regent and marathon in the CRV while driving to St George Is. (I can just barely fit if I don't breath)

Starlight

Senior Community Member
yay!

i love vans!

my van, it's a 2001 or 2002... and it has LATCH in *4* positions, and tethers everywhere. Not bad for a van that old!

southpawboston

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D :D

That tether anchor on the front passenger seat is really handy for RF tethering without having to use the D ring. ;)

is the tether anchor attached to the seatback or the floor? if it's on the seat, then isn't that a moveable part (i.e., the front seat can slide fore/aft)?

moot point, though, since arly realized her van does not actually have the anchor in question.

arly1983

Lets see....

In the manual it looks like the tether anchor is on a four in wide U shaped piece where both ends of the U are bolted to the floor. The seat actuall is free moving on its tracts above this piece. The actual anchor is made up a of an ovalish hole in the back of the U piece....

Scatterbunny should be able to verify that...

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
CONGRATS!
is the tether anchor attached to the seatback or the floor? if it's on the seat, then isn't that a moveable part (i.e., the front seat can slide fore/aft)?
It's actually a designated rectangular "hole" in the frame itself -- pretty cool, but tricky if you're not sure what to look for....

I don't know how the 3rd row hip width compares for my 2005 Freestar vs. your 2004 Windstar, but I've had a couple 3 across configurations using the Recaro Young Sport, Scenera, SS1, Parkway, Star Riser Comfy & Ride Safer Travel Vest. The RYSport was the most difficult to fit with anything other than the RSTV, but if I remember correctly, it did work with the Scenera + SRC.

P.S.I'm so jealous you have the Cougar Regent :eek:

all together ooky

Congrats on the van! You will love having one. The easy access to the third row is the best part. SUVs just can't equal it. And the sliding doors in a parking lot is a big plus too. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC