RN owners/ER card

amp

Do you have the Emergency Info card filled out and attached to your seat? Just wondering of the ER crews would even notice it?

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I did have the mom fill it out with the last kids.

In my area, I doubt the first responders or fire fighters would notice.

christineka

I filled it out for my ds' first radian. After that I haven't. I keep changing which kid is in which seat and then the kids change, it's too unstable for me to bother with.

andre149

I'm pretty sure ours is filled out... and sitting in the house somewhere :rolleyes: I highly doubt that anyone in our area would even think to look for it... they would probably be gawking over the fact that a nearly 3yo is rear facing too much to do so, pathetically.

leighi123

I have mine on there. I have no idea if they would look or not, but it does say on the side of the seat that the info is on the back of the seat. Its a pretty obvious thing hanging down.

I hope they would look at it in an emergency, it has Levi's allergy info on there (I need to get him one of those bracelets too)

manateesmom

Mine is filled out.

My understanding is that emergency responders are supposed to transport DS, seat and all, out of the vehicle. If he's involved in an accident, they're supposed to remove the seat with him in it, before assessing him for injuries. So the card is more obvious with the seat removed from the vehicle.

Mae

Mine is filled out and used, but hung in a different spot since we aren't using the Radians anymore. :whistle:

I like the comfort of having them, since the kids I transport aren't my own. I'd like the parents to be notified ASAP if I should be unable to call them.

IMG_1011.jpg

It's hanging like this on the other side, too, because I'm using a FR85.

urchin_grey

Oh that's clever! I think I'll hang mine like that too. I doubt anyone would ever notice it on the back of his seat, especially since the top part of his seat is between the front seats.

Reactions: Mae

Mae

Oh that's clever! I think I'll hang mine like that too. I doubt anyone would ever notice it on the back of his seat, especially since the top part of his seat is between the front seats.

For the RFing seats, I was going to loop the plastic loop around the FF tether anchor, that way it would hang down kind of in front and it might have been more noticeable. Decided it wouldn't be as noticeable in my car (tether anchor is too far back), so I did this instead.

That'd be worth a shot! Or you could just tie a string as a "replacement" type loop, then it'd hang down further from the TA, thus be more noticeable.

I decided that I was ok with where it was, so I didn't hang it from the TA.

emthecountrycat

my sons is filled out on the back of his seat. In the trunk since it was crashed and there is nothing on his current seat.....

I too thought they were supposed to take the child seat and all.

Kyras_Mama

No. Our radian is fairly new and I've been debating about filling it out or not since our girls swap off on who's in what seat so frequently.

AtTheSouthDam

No, mine's not filled out.

I do, however, have MATT stickers stuck to all the seats. I figure that is what they lookfor around her and RN tag may get missed.

all together ooky

No, mine's not filled out. I always thought that the EMTs aren't supposed to assume that it's the right child in the seat. Like, it could be a different child or the info could be outdated or maybe you brought a friend's kid?

leighi123

The instructions on the ER card say to include a recent photo of the child, so that would help verify that the info on the card matches the child in the seat. If you have more than one kid that uses that seat, you could fill out more than one ER card and staple the kids photo to each form, and then stick them all in the plastic thing.

mommy-medic

If there were a wreck with adults unable to provide info on kids, we wont be looking for tags. Also, if adults are unconscious bystanders usually snatch kids out of cars before we get there.

Unfortunately most responders are not trained at all on car seats.

andre149

Also, if adults are unconscious bystanders usually snatch kids out of cars before we get there.

This makes me so mad! My dad is a first responder, and I know that it's reality... but seriously, how many brain cells does it take to not take a child out of a restraint device after an accident! I understand most people don't get it, and if you chose to move your own child that is your choice... but keep your hands off my kids! Ok, rant over :) lol

babyherder

I'd fill out the card with contact info even if you're not sure which kid would be in the seat in case of an accident. Just in case someone sees it I'd write down whoever you would want called if you were unconscious.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC