New and looking for some advice on a car

A

angel91886

Hello, I'm new here and my husband and I are looking for a new car. I was looking into a new Honda Fit or Nissan Versa Hatchback. We have an 11 month old who is RF in a Graco Comfortsport, however I have been looking into the Britax Marathon as an upgrade. Would the Marathon fit into a Versa or Fit? If not what would be some other car options that would be cheaper than 20,000. I am not opposed to having a used car. I was also curious about the Mazda5.
Any information you can give me would really be appreciated.
Thanks in advance. :)

ADS

abigaylebelle

Hi there
I drive a honda fit and the marathon (both old and new styles) fit fine rear and forward facing. We've been very happy with the car, no complaints whatsoever. I find the fit surprisingly spacious given it's exterior dimensions. I think the tall ceiling helps make it feel roomy.
I haven't driven the nissan versa or mazda5 so I guess I am no help there.
Happy shopping!

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I don't know much about your vehicle choices. But I know that there are a lot of carseats that will cost you less then the britax ma and last you a lot longer.

Top picks: safety1st complete air, graco myride, evenflo triumph65, truefit.

Stefanie, cpst in iowa - mom to 4 great kids

Rebelnicky04

MAs should fit in both of those cars. My DH has a Volvo S40 which has a pretty small backseat and we can fit 2 of them in it. The nice thing about them is that they are on a base so they take up just about the same amount of room forward facing or rear facing :) We tried a Radian XTSL and RF it was a disaster because it reclined back so far. Also FYI I didn't know this until recently- Babies R Us will let you take seats out to try in your car if you leave your license with them (at least the one in Knoxville does).

And if you keep your eyes peeled you may be able to catch a deal on a MA from Target since they should be clearancing them right about now. They're regular priced $199 so you might find some even cheaper. Good luck and welcome!

willoL

I've installed a Britax Wizard RF in my Nissan Versa (2007 S Hatchback.) I think the shell is identical (or at least very similar) to the Marathon's.

It will fit best on the passenger side, though you will find a Versa to have SIGNIFICANTLY more rear passenger room than a Honda Fit.

I was able to wrap the rear-facing tether anchorage strap around the front passenger seat post for tethering RF.

I test drove both the Fit and the Versa when I was car shopping in 2007. I opted for the Versa in large part because the back seat is so roomy for a compact car. I've had three child seats across installed in my Versa, which wouldn't work in a Fit with any seats I've seen. I drive three kids (Britax Parkway SG booster; RideSafer Travel Vest; SK Radian80) to school every morning in my little car...

...but I'm shopping for a minivan right now because it has gotten too close for comfort! :) If our trip to school were shorter so carpool wasn't a necessity for my mental health, I would drive my Versa 'til its bitter end. I'm very, very happy with the car, but it is FULL with three kids, two backpacks, my huge "Mommy bag", my emergency supplies duffle bag in the back, and a spare seat (Britax Regent) strapped in the front seat because one time another desperate parent begged me to drive her 12 yo kid home even though he had to sit in the front seat, and I did it and still hate myself for not putting the big kid in back and re-installing my harnessed toddler up front... :eek:

--willo

Rebelnicky04

MAs are on sale at Target this week for $159.99 and the RA50 (which is the same shell it just doesn't have the higher harness slot and can only be used up to 50 lbs) is $124.99 ;) I just figured if you were still shopping that is almost TOO good of a deal to pass up. Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC